Greybull WY

bobdaley

On Google Earth today, new very clear pics of Greybull from September.

If I can make this work I'll post 2 links.

One is the fuselage of 58-0740, trucked from Homestead, I know not why?

The second is the 5 surviving H&P A's

From the left 57-0513, the next 2 are 57-0459 and 57-0511 Don't know which is which, then 56-0507 and last 56-0535.

Pics are in the Gallery

Bob

Couldn't figure out how to post the links, here are the coordinates.

The B is at 44 30 32.54N 108 04 45.15W

The A's 44 30 58.88N 108 05 06.41W

Edited by bobdaley

I visited Greybull a few years ago and took several pictures. At one time I had a web page but accidentally deleted it while trying to use Front Page. I don't think I have any of the scanned photos on any disks, but I do have the slides. One of these days I'll rescan them and post them. Hawkins and Powers has an interesting collection of airplanes. When I was there in 1999-2000 they still had several Herks. They also have a C-119 with a jet engine on top that was used in the remake of Flight of the Phoenix - they airbrushed the jet engine out. They also had at least one C-97.

They also have a C-119 with a jet engine on top that was used in the remake of Flight of the Phoenix - they airbrushed the jet engine out.

Sam,

Just picking a nit here and I may be mistaken, but I think the airplane in the movie was a C-82 Packet with the jet pack removed. I haven't seen the movie in a very long time, but the major difference between the C-119 and the C-82 is that the C-119's cockpit was moved forward so it doesn't have the big nose like the C-82.

Don R.