Better late than never....................

gizzard

To all of you on the board belated Merry Christmas, Hannaka, Qwanza, and New Year wishes from the House of Gizzard. My computer took some kind of fit,around December 14, probably associated with our lousy power service in this area,and I have been totally unconnected. I am now functioning on an old laptop borrowed from my daughter.

This past year had some real bumps in it for me, but I also gained a bunch of new brothers, on this site. What a great honor for me and to spend such a great time with the 316th guys last summer, well I can't describe that at all.

My wife is having surgery on her foot tomorrow, a very painful procedure at that. She will be pretty much laid up for about 6 weeks. I do not like to see her hurtin', and hope I can be up to the task of carin' for her.

I so much hope that the coming year is good for you all, each one. I hope those among us who are ill will find relief in their sicknessses, and those who have suffered loss be comforted. It is inevitable that some among us, in this coming year, are going to experience troubles. But I strongly feel that, being a member of this great airplane's community, just a word willl bring you any help you can possibly need. That is the best part of being on this great site that Casey and Bob have created and keep working so well All my best, brothers, WELCOME HOME!!!

Giz

gizz (Paul), thank you for the warm wishes. I'm sure I speak for all of us in wishing you and yours a Blessed New Year. I'm sure that you are up to the challenges of the next few months. Keep us informed and I'll keep you in my thoughts. Your words about this C-130 community are so true. Over the last (very)

few years I've tried hanging out in a couple different web sites, but this is the only site I frequent now. It's comfortable here and I've become fast friends with a couple of the guys. The C-130 is an amazing airplane and the comradrie around the Herky is special. Chris

Thanks to you all. Wife is doin' well so far, got our daughter here helpin' out for a bit. It is hilarious listenin' tp a labor and delivery nurse (daughter) discussin' pain management with an oncology nurse (wife.) Don't understand half of what they are debating, but i have dome to realize I have two very sharp, intelligent women here. I don't stand a chance!!!!!!!!!!!! BTW, got the old machine back in order finally...

Giz

Giz and all a Happy New Year to y'all too.

I am glad your wife is doing good

Let me guess the argument on pain management, wife is old school - drugs manage pain (Yaa, that's my school) and your daughter is of the misguided new generation of medico's that believe pain killers are counterproductive to pain management10171.gif (those folks and I just dont see eye to eye)