Naha washrack--C-130 at CRB--37mm damage

Mt.crewchief

nascarpop aka Dallas,

I was just lurking in the "users gallery" and found your pics! Those pictures brought back some memories (good and bad)!

The picture you posted of the C-130/bulldozer wreck is the same one several of us were talking about awhile back--at least I was. I couldn't find my pics of it!!

I knew about the 37mm damage, but never had seen any of the pics until today! I flew 40 Blind Bat missions and saw plenty of 37's in action but never saw a hit!!

Thank God for that!

Now the washrack!!!! I was getting ready to ask if anybody on the forum had any experience with that wonderful place. Now I know at least you did!! Every time I made it to the wash-rack with 56-0475, it was raining and cold out and I can honestly say I have no fond memories of that place!!!

You and I more than likely crossed paths many times at Naha as we were there at the same times and also at CRB! Probably crossed paths with each other in Naminoue also!! Now that's another story!!!

I have recently posted a few more pics of off-base Naha in my user gallery and have quite a few more of downtown Naha that I am rounding up to post. I am sure they will bring back some memories for you and the rest of us guys stationed at Naha!

Thanks for the memories,

Ken

Glad you enjoyed the photos. I just got a cool converter to post my 35mm slides. I am sure we crossed paths, but there was a lot of beer drinking going on and it is hard to remember a lot. My roommate was Jerry Pegg. I just reconnected with him through facebook. Lots of good time, I guess. The older we get the more romantic they seem. Work and sleep was all that happened at CRB. Having my engine run and taxi license helped break up the time. I was too young to know what I was doing was dangerous. I once saw a crew chief run engines with the chains still on and tied to the ground. It was a real nasty night at Naha and he didn't want to take them off.

Dallas

Glad you enjoyed the photos. I just got a cool converter to post my 35mm slides. I am sure we crossed paths, but there was a lot of beer drinking going on and it is hard to remember a lot. My roommate was Jerry Pegg. I just reconnected with him through facebook. Lots of good time, I guess. The older we get the more romantic they seem. Work and sleep was all that happened at CRB. Having my engine run and taxi license helped break up the time. I was too young to know what I was doing was dangerous. I once saw a crew chief run engines with the chains still on and tied to the ground. It was a real nasty night at Naha and he didn't want to take them off.

Dallas

That was probably my roomate, Gary Levesque----he would do that!!!!

OK, I need my memory refreshed, I ran engines when I was in the Phase docks and than when I was out on the flight line, and I don't remember any chains, July 67 to Jan 69 21st TAS Oh, I agree the was rack was not a fun place , washed 56 0543 there to many times

Yeah, we tried hard to kill brain cells! When you talk to Jerry, tell him I said hello. I went to Langley one weekend from Pope to visit Jerry and I don't remember much of it. Must have been a good time. At one point on Okinawa, we were afraid we would run out of beer! Ha ha ha ha.

Dallas

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote......

Now the washrack!!!! I was getting ready to ask if anybody on the forum had any experience with that wonderful place. Now I know at least you did!! Every time I made it to the wash-rack with 56-0475, it was raining and cold out and I can honestly say I have no fond memories of that place!!!

Ken