4578d

SEFEGeorge

Lars' book says it is an H reg #TC68. In the images the reg# matches but it looks like an E to me. Bob you have any idea?

As for the bombs, rumor has it that it was used a bomber once during the Falklands War.

I don't want to step on Bob's reply, but if you think it looks like an E-model because of the GTC and ATM intake, a lot of foreign military have H-models without the APU and big AC packs. As an example, check out photo #4581 of the Moroccan AF; also an H-model with a GTC. Just think FY 1973 USAF H-models.

Don R.

I don't want to step on Bob's reply, but if you think it looks like an E-model because of the GTC and ATM intake, a lot of foreign military have H-models without the APU and big AC packs. As an example, check out photo #4581 of the Moroccan AF; also an H-model with a GTC. Just think FY 1973 USAF H-models.

Don R.

Initially that's what I thought but if you check out 4577 and 4579 you see new FS A/C and APUs. So they ordered birds with GTCs instead of the APUs?

When Lockheed first came out with the C-130H, the only USAF versions were HC-130Hs. They sold a lot of them overseas before the USAF started buying them in a modified version, including an APU that could be run inflight. (By the way, I wish people would understand that an APU can be any kind of supplemental power system. A lot of people are confused because Lockheed referred to the gas turbine compressors on the As, Bs, Es and original Hs as GTCs. Heck, any jet engine with a compressor is a GTC.)