C-130 Database: Aircraft Addition Requests

Casey,

Since my passion is mainly the commercial Herc, you ought to add Safair's/First Air's 4600. It's history would fill a whole page.

Also, you could add "The Silver Lady," Uganda Air Cargo's 5X-UCF (4610) to the aircraft names section. Another Herc with an interesting history.

Don R.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Added

Casey, 0543 crash happened right after I left LRF for EDF. Info I received was that they had taken off late for maintenance and was trying to rejoin the formation. They were pulling a turn to join on the tailend and a VFR bug smasher was in the way, they quickly reversed the turn and lost a wing.

Casey,

Wasn't sure where to put this request.

If possible, I would like to see 56-0533 listed as "Sonny's Honey". That was the name I had on her until Oct. 1968. Sure they took it off after I left.

Thanks,

Sonny

Sonny,

I have added the rest of the info from Lars' book. Let me know the date or approximate date was she named and I will add it as well. If you know when she was in the 21 TAS or have additional info on her, let me know and I will add/update as required.

--Casey

• 3 weeks later...

You need to check 66-0225. You have two production numbers listed. C/N 4187 and C/N 4381. I beleive C/N 4381 is 69-5832.

Also request: 65-0981, 65-0983, 66-0221, 66-0224

Thanks

Thanks for the feedback. I entered the wrong c/n for 69-5832. The error has been corrected.

4133, 4138, 4183 and 4186 have been entered.

Sonny,

I have added the rest of the info from Lars' book. Let me know the date or approximate date was she named and I will add it as well. If you know when she was in the 21 TAS or have additional info on her, let me know and I will add/update as required.

--Casey

Regarding 56-0533:

I missed the date for the name in your original post. It has now been added.

Sonny,

--Casey

Casey,

I named her January 1968 and it was still there in Oct. 1968 when I left. I know she was in the 21st when I got to Naha in May 1967 until she was shot down in Nov 1969 (crew flying her when she was shot down was from the 41st but at that time ALL Blind Bat birds had been assigned to the 21st TAS). Thanks and that goes for all you do on this site. I really enjoy it as I know the others do.

Casey

I was looking something up in the database and looked at 63-7785.

3852 the original 63-7785 was owned and operated by USN MATS at the time of its accident in 1966. VR-8.

Bob

Bob,

Educate me please...

Did it ever belong to MAC? Any Idea why it was not given a Navy tail number? What was MATS (not the USAF, Military Air Transport Service I assume?) I have seen a few accounts that say the aircraft was still owned by the USAF MAC.

--Casey

Casey

These aircraft were built for USAF MATS, Military Air Transport Service. MATS became MAC in 1966.

USAF gave the Navy 3 or 4 squadrons of E models. Most of their missions were directed by MATS but they also had some individual Navy Missions.

Mostly they flew channel missions just like the USAF MATS E models did. When MAC came along the Navy E's reverted to the USAF and all the MAC/MATS C-130's went to TAC.

Bob

Casey

I was looking something up in the database and looked at 63-7785.

3852 the original 63-7785 was owned and operated by USN MATS at the time of its accident in 1966. VR-8.

Bob

Thanks for the info Bob. I have corrected the database.

--Casey

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Request

c/n: 382-5474, type: WC-130J, tail no.: 97-5304 - currently with the USAF-Res, 403 Wing, 53d WRS (Hurricane Hunters).

see: http://www.airport-data.com/aircraft/97-5304.html#aircraft566658

Joe Bauer's USAF serials listings (http://www.joebaugher.com/usaf_serials) indicates its registered with an FAA# N4099R/54

Added. As for the FAA# N4099R registration. I think it may be an error. 5454 carried it while on demonstration tours. Thus the "54"

• 1 month later...

Request 68-10948.

Thanks,

Karl

Done! Some of the data may be little sketchy. If you have any updates or additional data, please add them by clicking the plus sign (add) or the pencil (update) at the end the data row.

--Casey

• 3 weeks later...