John Edward Schroeder

John Edward Schroeder

July 16, 1961 - March 21, 2012

John Edward Schroeder, he was a beloved son, brother, husband, father, grandfather, uncle and friend.

John began life with his love for baseball which he shared with his Dad “Go Yankeesâ€, and a love for aviation. He began that love by attending Aviation High School in New York City, learning how to make airplanes fly. He continued that love by joining the U.S. Air Force starting his 22 year career with the 146th Airlift Wing in California as a C-130 Loadmaster, which he later became a Flight Engineer. He later transferred to the 189th AW in Little Rock and shared his love and knowledge as a C-130 Flight Engineer Instructor. After he retired from the U.S. Air Force, he later worked for Falcon Jet in his 50 year passion of flying

John was always active not only in his home life but in his community, He was a patch holder of the American Veterans M/C, formerly with the Hardriders R/A and a supporter of the Patriot Guard Riders. He was a member and Past President of the Pilipino-American Association and various veterans groups in the local area. Throughout the years John never gave up his love for life and his family.

John is survived by his mother Blanche of New York, brothers Paul of California, George of New York, his loving wife Annie of Jacksonville, his four children, John Michael, Vanessa, Christopher and Nichole Blanche, and his grandchildren, nieces and nephews. He was preceded in death by his father John and his granddaughter Arriana Elaine. He is loved and will be missed.

Visitation will be from 6:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m. Saturday, March 24, 2012, and from 6:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m. Sunday, March 25, 2012 at the funeral home.

Funeral services will be 10:00 a.m. Monday, March 26, 2012 at Arkansas State Veteran’s Cemetery in North Little Rock.

Arrangements by Moore’s Jacksonville Funeral Home (501) 982-2136.

I am sorry to hear of John's passing. John and I worked at Van Nuys ANG (the Hollywood Guard) back in the 80's. John was one of the nicest guys I have ever met. Many many trips with him, Jimmy Dehart, At Sanchez, Art Lowe, Bill Marley and a few other loadmasters out of Van Nuys ANG at that time. The last time I met with John was at Littlerock a few years before his retirement. He was just as I remembered him many years before. Still a very happy go lucky type of guy

RIP my friend.

Ramrod

Manuel Ramirez SMS Ret

146AW Channel Islands ANGB (Van Nuys ANGB)