Site Outage

If you visited within the past 24 hours, please accept my apology for the site outage.

The good news: The site is continuing to grow in content and membership.

The bad news: The server resources the site uses has also grown. Yesterday a tipping point was reached and we "thrown in jail" by our

host's "bandwidth police".

So what do we do now? I made a few adjustments and I hope that we will stay out of trouble for a bit. However, we we will likely have to upgrade the hosting plan in the near future. This will require me to migrate all the site files and databases to a new provider, not a fun job. A better host will obviously increase the site's operating cost, so I will have to figure out the finance side as well. Regardless of these challenges, the site is not going anywhere. If necessary, I only need on kidney.

Casey

Casey,

Thanks for getting the site back.

You're doing a great job here with, what appears to me, not much financial help. I just checked the member list and gave up at page 30 (out of 136 pages). There was a premium member on page 1, but not another one until page 14. The next one was on page 22. That seems like an awful lot of people here are getting a "free ride." If I can afford to donate my paltry amout with my only income being my USAF MSgt retirement and Social Security, I would think that some of these members making far more than I do could come up with a donation.

Don R.

PS -- How much you askin' for the kidney? With all the beer I put away, I may be in the market.

Casey,

Thanks for getting the site back.

You're doing a great job here with, what appears to me, not much financial help. I just checked the member list and gave up at page 30 (out of 136 pages). There was a premium member on page 1, but not another one until page 14. The next one was on page 22. That seems like an awful lot of people here are getting a "free ride." If I can afford to donate my paltry amount with my only income being my USAF MSgt retirement and Social Security, I would think that some of these members making far more than I do could come up with a donation.

Don R.

PS -- How much you askin' for the kidney? With all the beer I put away, I may be in the market.

Don,

Thanks for the kind words.

I don't want to give off the wrong impression. Aero Precision's sponsorship has been a big help and the site is not desperate for funding. Donations, Premium Memberships, etc are greatly appreciated and the "free rides" do not bother me. I care far more about the community and the fact the the site keeps me connected to the 130 world than the money.

Let's hope you don't need the kidney. If push came to shove, I'm pretty sure I would chicken-out.