bulk head???

tinwhistle

Does anyone out there know the name of or the number of the foreward bulk head on the C-130E? If memory serves me correctly, it's the bulk head that houses all the electrical panels. I suppose you could call it the "front wall" of the cargo compartment. For some reason this is bothering me!!!!....Chris

Shame on you, Chris, for forgetting that, now if I can find my truck keys.....................LMFAO!!!!! Oh yeah, wasn't the ramp hinged at something like 737??? I have no idea how I can remember such totally, now, irrelavent things.........Now where the hell did I put my glasses????

Giz

Chris, Now that's a good one!!! That is the only bulkhead number I remember!!!

Ken

That's where I chained my tool box to keep it from getting misplaced!!! Of course when we were moving the Marines from Chu Lai to Iwakuni Jap. my tool box disappeared!!!

--it was deemed a "combat loss"

Combat loss!?!? Come on now, Ken, you can do better than that!!!!! Speaking of tool boxes: when I was going through all the rigamaroe of discharge I took my tool box to the tool shed to turn it in knowing that I was short a few pieces, and wondering how much that was going to cost me. Come to find out, they had no paper work for my tool box. Wish I'd have known that ahead of time!!

By the way; nice to see ya Giz. Ken and I were just wondering where all the "Old Guys" had gone.

Chris

I know I changed a few FS 245 lower bulkhead caps due to extensive corrosion from those urinals mounted on FS 245.

One of the reasons I riveted those two 245 bulkhead mounted urinals closed. Didn't think it was too much trouble to walk to the ramp to pee. So, hopefully on my aircraft, instead of corroded bulkhead caps Metalbasher was replacing the sloping longeron. Which I'm sure he's very good at also.

On the AMST IOT&E we, maintenance, insisted the airframe and latrine be separated by noncorrosive material. I've been told the C-17 latrine is contained within a fibreglass lined compartment.

I remember a urinal at 245 on the E`s, Man, I hated when those things pluged up......What a mess.

Sometimes you could not get to the urinal in the back because of the Cargo loads.

Edited by davis

One of the reasons I riveted those two 245 bulkhead mounted urinals closed. Didn't think it was too much trouble to walk to the ramp to pee. So, hopefully on my aircraft, instead of corroded bulkhead caps Metalbasher was replacing the sloping longeron. Which I'm sure he's very good at also.

On the AMST IOT&E we, maintenance, insisted the airframe and latrine be separated by noncorrosive material. I've been told the C-17 latrine is contained within a fiberglass lined compartment.

This is true...C-17s use a lav module (little box like on civilian airliners) which contains the toilet assembly. In the middle 1982, C-130s starting removing the urinals altogether and installed a self-contained lavatory, complete with blue fluid and 16 gal holding tank. J model has the same set up and in addition to that, the Js come equipped with two self contained urinals (basically a funnel and holding tank) placed at FS 245. Most I have seen are safety wired shut to prevent their use (and cleaning) thus forcing people to use the self contained system in the back.

When hauling Marines, we would put up a sign saying "Officers only" on the urinals at FS. 245, even if they were wired or screwed shut . The Gunny's would die laughing cause the young 2nd and 1st Lieutenants wouldn't go to the back to use the ones at 737.

There were two urinals on 245.............................if I remember right........................which is becomin' more and more a rare occasion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Giz

Gizz, Did you ever have to empty the honey bucket on them? I was always told that it was the Loadmaster's job but I dont ever remember one of you guys hanging around long enough to do that!!!

Guess who did have to empty them!!!!

By the way, when I was a temporary loadmaster for 90 days on a Blind Bat crew at Ubon, I made my break as fast as I could as soon as we landed!!! I kinda figured it was the Crew Chiefs job during that time!!!!!!!

Ken