Aircraft records

CGRetired

I have a request for information and I'm hoping the gang here at C130HQ/Herkybirds can help.

Aircraft 5121, CG 1721 is back on active duty in the Coast Guard. This is the aircraft that had the E-2 rotodome on it. The "1521c" picture is from it's Air Force days and the "1521d" picture is from its Navy days. We (the Coast Guard) are de-modding the airframe for future use. We are researching the aircraft records for the time it was serving in the Air Force and the Navy. The reason for this research is to ensure all the CG required inspections, TCTOs, etc were accomplished over the past 10+ years. While we have been able to reconstruct the Navy's records, we have a slight problem finding the records for the time she was serving in the Air Force. Can anybody put me in contact with anybody that can find out where these records may be? I can supply a contact number when needed.

Thanks a lot!

Senior sends

Hi Senior

I was by Cape Cod CGAS the other day and they are getting CASA's to replace their Falcons and they said Corpus was next and then the Falcons would go away. If they get more CASA's they want to replace some Herks with them. They even said that they were loking into the Guard's C-27's to replace Herks and maybe only keep the J's.

How come they are bringing back 1721, sounds like a lot of money?

Bob