Bucket List--One more Flight

Blackjack Jerry

to anser your question Chris , Bob Daley checked with a friend of his and the cost to rent one was 12,500 per hour plus abour 3,000 in set up costs but they are based in cal. but to make a long story short it could be done we just somebody like Bob to set it up. I would be the first one on the list to pay his share to go for a ride, its been on my bucket list sence I left the 37th sq back in may of 73

Jerry

Kickstarter? I know I would chipin $300.

I'd like to have another ride. Except this time not in a washtub. I think I am a little bigger now and can buckle in.

Hi guys

I've been away for awhile, but just took a minute to see if anything new has popped up. I'll be gone again, for awhile, but I really want to see if this "bucket ride" idea can get legs. Without consulting with my financial adviser, I'm willing to put up $500, and if it got to the point where we were are all set, but a little short financially I'd take another look at it.

I should be finished with this monster of a job I took on in about a week, then I hope to put a little time in on this project.

Giz, I hate to admit to senility, but refresh me memory: how many guys can we seat in the ol' Herk???

Gotta go.....................tinwhistle (Chris)

"Giz, I hate to admit to senility, but refresh me memory: how many guys can we seat in the ol' Herk??? "

Vietnam seating or passenger seating?

Well,like Mitch says, it was 64 paratroops, and somewhere around 92 regular people, and I think something like 72 or so litters ( I may be real wrong on that.) as for asses on the pallets, I once had 245 Vietnamese on board..............wonder how many were VC or NVA???? And i gotta tell ya, it freakin' STUNK back there, if I hadn't gone on O2, I woulda died. Hey, senility is just your minds way of gettin' rid of stuff you don't need any more.

Giz

OK, lets say, what with the price of everything going up every day, that it would cost, say, $17,500.00 to hire a Herk for an hour. Now an hour isn't a long time, but it's better than nothin'; and if we could come up with 20 guy's (and a gal or two) we get the cost down under a grand each, and each addition brings the cost down again. Some one said earlier that there may be a base public relations officer somewhere that might consider a "bucket" flight for old C-130 vets as a PR ops.

As I mentionerd awhile ago, I'm busier than a tom cat in a dog pound for the next few days, but I'm going to do a little research when my project is complete. That is, if it's worth my time. I'm serious about this and I'd like to get a feel as to how many of you out there are too........tinwhistle (Chris)

OK, lets say, what with the price of everything going up every day, that it would cost, say, $17,500.00 to hire a Herk for an hour. Now an hour isn't a long time, but it's better than nothin'; and if we could come up with 20 guy's (and a gal or two) we get the cost down under a grand each, and each addition brings the cost down again. Some one said earlier that there may be a base public relations officer somewhere that might consider a "bucket" flight for old C-130 vets as a PR ops.

As I mentionerd awhile ago, I'm busier than a tom cat in a dog pound for the next few days, but I'm going to do a little research when my project is complete. That is, if it's worth my time. I'm serious about this and I'd like to get a feel as to how many of you out there are too........tinwhistle (Chris)

Hey Chris, if we got a full load, say 80 or so people that would bring it down to about 250 each, but I would still want the troop door!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Giz

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...