Cambodian Gunrunners -- need help identifying patch/unit

loadsmith

I am trying to get information the "Cambodian Gunrunners" patch. I read that it was used by the 16 SOS in Vietnam but does anyone know if this was just a unit patch or was it ever officially recognized by the USAF. The squadron had patches made using the old design (adding a full green/tan Herk dropping a CDS)but used "Afghanistan" in lieu of "Cambodia" but we are unable to get it authorized by the leadership at our deployed location.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

• 1 month later...

I am trying to get information the "Cambodian Gunrunners" patch. I read that it was used by the 16 SOS in Vietnam but does anyone know if this was just a unit patch or was it ever officially recognized by the USAF. The squadron had patches made using the old design (adding a full green/tan Herk dropping a CDS)but used "Afghanistan" in lieu of "Cambodia" but we are unable to get it authorized by the leadership at our deployed location.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Can you post a picture? I suspect it might have something to do with the Bird Air crews; they were the ones who flew missions into Cambodia. I can't see how it would have been used by a gunship squadron. As for the TLC Brotherhood, I gave up on that a long time ago. Too many wannabes.