c-12 compass system issues

joshdegroa

Hey all,

We have C-130T A/C. Were having some issues with our #1 and #2 c-12 compass system. For #1, #1 COMPASS SYSTEM STICKS IN VARIOUS HEADINGS. WHEN SLEWED AT CONTROL HEAD COMPASS HEADING UNSTICKS AND WORKS AGAIN. For #2, #2 COMPASS RATCHETS +/- 7 DEGREES IN MAG AND DG (SWAPPED CONTROL HEADS, AMPLIFIERS AND DIRECTIONAL GYROS, NO JOY) RAN UP #2 COMPASS DURING TURNS. VIBRATION CAUSES GYRO TO DEVIATE WORSE THAN WHEN STATIONARY. We replaced the Gyro for #2 and still no joy. Any Ideas? Thanks!

Alright I'll Start with the number two system. looks like there is a problem with the amplifier on this one. I see this alot when doing a compass swing. Try this, on the front of the amplifier there is a amplifier pot that can be adjusted. These pots are not that sensitive meaning it may take up to 20 or more turns so be patient. If you start turning it the wrong way you will know because it will get worse.

The number two system..... I taking that all number two indicator are doing the same. What headings is it getting bound at? I have seen before where one indicator could be causing a problem with the compass system so trying just disconnecting BDHI, HSI and RMI's one at a time.