Cut N Carve

Dan Wilson

Well this has been a pretty crappy summer for me, I had to get back surgery for a disk bulge on July 19th, then on 31 Aug they had to go back in again because bone slivers left behind from the first surgery had torn a 3 inch hole in the spinal dura (the membrane covering the spinal cord and brain), that left a huge drain of CSF (cerebral spinal fluid) so they had to go back in to stitch the dura back up.

I cant even begin to describe the level of migraines I have had to deal with since the tear started, problem is now 5 days after the surgery I am still having the migraines and the wound is draining like a beast still, afraid they missed another tear back there.

I dont know what the hell I will do if this turns into a third times a charm gaggle.

If this thing doesn't get fixed up this time and they have to go back in again I may pursue malpractice suit; this really nauseates me to think of doing, I am more the kind of person that if I have a problem with you I will give you a personal tune up instead of lawsuit. I think lawyers are the worst kind of scum in our society.

Does anybody know of a website that you can check out a doctors history, lawsuits, that kind of stuff?

Dan, I'm sure one of the guys will be able to help you with the doctor stuff!

I would just like to know how you can take all of the pain and misery you have experienced since I met you. (on the forum)!!!

Hang in there and get better----again!

Ken

You need to get better to help me park the C-130 I have coming to park on your property!!!!!!!!

I agree with Ken, Dan. You sure have had a rough road over the past couple years or so. I think some states have a form of doctor registry that shows all that kind of stuff, but I'm not certain about every place. Course that could be the fox watchin' the chicken house, too. But, still, all that seems rather incompetent to me and needs addressed, if not for your satisfaction and relief, to prevent others from going through the same thing. Three times is twice too much I think.

Good luck, brother

Giz

Dan, I get the feeling . from this site, you have a hell of a bunch of guys on your side We may not be able to do a lot physically for you, but I think I can speak for the rest when I say you have our support,and we all realize that it just as easily be one of us in your position. I think this is one fine fraternity to belong to...........

Giz

Guys, thanks for the info and the great support, I have just rolled back home from time number three and hope like hell this works out.

Had a lot of work I wanted to do here this summer and once again looks like my whole summer got rolled up in medical delays, sheeesh.

I am just glad the old saying ISNT fourth times a charm LOL

• 1 month later...

If this thing doesn't get fixed up this time and they have to go back in again I may pursue malpractice suit; this really nauseates me to think of doing, I am more the kind of person that if I have a problem with you I will give you a personal tune up instead of lawsuit. I think lawyers are the worst kind of scum in our society.

Does anybody know of a website that you can check out a doctors history, lawsuits, that kind of stuff?

I usually type in the doctors name and the word lawsuit or malpractice. There is a site that is like an independent review, but I cant remember the name. (edit - Muff posted it. it is Healthgrades) You can also do a search in public court records. I dont know how to do that for your state, but i could tell you how to do it for NM.

I discovered that I had lucked out on my last spine doc. My insurance would not cover the injection. And this doc turned out to be "the best in the state" but he was also racking up the DUIs and two lawsuits. So yay for insurance not wanting to cover something for a change.

I dont know what the hell I will do if this turns into a third times a charm gaggle.

I have been looking into Mesoblast http://www.mesoblast (dot)com/ . Mom is going to sign up for the trials. I dont know how long the screening process takes. But I have been doing lots of research on it, and it does look like it works. The FDA approved Mesoblast’s Phase 2 Stem Cell trials in the US. And the spine place down in Texas is participating. And to me, that place is like the know all of spines. I trust their judgement.

Best of luck to you. I hate dealing with lawyers as well. Sometimes you just take the loss rather than dealing with them.

Thanks for the ideas, but it did turn out to be three surgery's in a two month period - it ended up being just a bit painful.

Decided to blow off any malpractice crap, just couldn't stomach the thought of dealing with a lawyer.

The most important thing is this...........are you gettin' better?????? I, personally, cannot imagine goin' through all you have....... And still keep on keepin' on.............

giz

Thanks Giz, actually I am pretty much back to normal.

Have some permanent damage to my right leg (because of how the disk was bulging into my spinal cord before surgery), its numb and the foot droops so it kinda drags when I walk. That part sucks but I guess I will get used to it, thinking real hard about a cane, yuk.

Thanks Giz, actually I am pretty much back to normal.

Have some permanent damage to my right leg (because of how the disk was bulging into my spinal cord before surgery), its numb and the foot droops so it kinda drags when I walk. That part sucks but I guess I will get used to it, thinking real hard about a cane, yuk.

Dan, why is it that I imagine your cane would look surprsing like a Ma Duece??????????? Just sayin'......................

Giz

• 3 weeks later...