Differences

ac130sensor1

At Dobbins before we got the H3's, we had 6, 81 models (81-0626 thru 81-0631) which were H-2's with honey buckets and long line HF ant. and 2, 84 models (84-0204 & 0205) with flush toilets, no long line HF ant and 2 large fwd escape hatches with dual batteries and towel rack ant on the roof.. These we also called plain old H2's. The 2, 84 models were to have digital fuel gauges but we requested analog gauges to match our other 6 which they complied with at the factory. My question is since all the changes of our 84 models(cn 5038&39) started back on CN 4992 , what would they be called from cn 4992 on,... H2 point what? _ Bill:wacko:

23 hours ago, Spectre623 said:

Not sure Railrunner but Del. Guard had 206 and I think they got 204 and 205 to replace the acft they lost in the storm some time ago. Bob Daley has a list as to where they went. Bill

I'm with DE. We have 206-213 and 90-1057 is the replacement for 211. 

Interesting that 204 and 5 ended up in another training squadron after being at the Dobbins schoolhouse. I wonder if we'd get either or both if the PAA were to ever increase for whatever reason (I haven't heard anything about it in a long time). 

6 hours ago, Railrunner130 said:

I'm with DE. We have 206-213 and 90-1057 is the replacement for 211. 

Interesting that 204 and 5 ended up in another training squadron after being at the Dobbins schoolhouse. I wonder if we'd get either or both if the PAA were to ever increase for whatever reason (I haven't heard anything about it in a long time). 

Initially they went to the AFRC operational unit at LR but when the decision was made to deactivate the AFRC, I guess you could say that common sense came into play and they just moved them to the ANG ramp, where the ANG is the Legacy Training unit for USAF.   

• 5 weeks later...

When you talk about H1, H2, H3 and so on you need to be a little specific about what operator you are talking about.

In Sweden they have what they call H1 and H2 aircraft, Algeria has a verity of H models from H1 through H6. Many other operators around the world use this identification method also which has nothing to do with the USAF call their H series aircraft.

I normally find it easier to identify aircraft by the Lockheed serial number and then find out what the operator modifications are to aid in describing the differences.

Vic