UARRSI (C-130J)

TheTom

Hi guys,

I'm currently trying to model an accurate C-130J for a flightsimulator (FlightGear) but I'm a bit stuck with the UARRSI. It is almost impossible to find any detailed information about it. I have found some pictures showing it from the outside but with the estimated dimensions of the whole pressure box of the receptacle it always penetrates through the cockpit ceiling. Is it possible that there is some modification needed on the inside? If so, maybe one of you could give me a picture for it, and maybe also some drawings or the dimensions of the UARRSI itself.

Also does anyone know where the UARRSI door and controls are located? I've read somewhere about an aerial refuel slipway door control handle which needs to be pulled to open the door and pushed to close it, but I haven't found any information on where it is exactly located. I've just found a low resolution image of an "Areal refuel" panel for controlling lights, drain, power, disconnect etc. but it's not possible to read every label:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3068[/ATTACH]

I'd appreciate any help! (If anyone also knows what parts can be controlled from the CNI-MU it would be even greater!)

Tom

On the standard H, there is a pressure box on the inside. The lever/handle is on the inside as well. The refueling panel is on the inside too. I would assume everything is very similar for the J...although I'd expect the refueling panel to be updated/different.

Ok, thank you. Would be nice if someone could post a photo of it (Doesn't matter if it's from an older herc...)

In the meantime I've found another photo of the aerial refuel panel so I think the layout should now be correct:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3121[/ATTACH]

I think I know what the switches at the top are for, but I'm not completely sure about the lower part:

Slipway: Just the lights inside the slipway, or also the two in front of the UARRSI illuminating the area around the receptacle opening?

Fuselage: The lights in front of the receptacle or are there some more lights I've missed?

Leading edge: Probably the default leading edge lights...

Ampl: About this one I have absolutely no clue. Isn't an amplifier an electric/electronic device which intensifies something? Also maybe AMPL is not correct and it should state something. /* edit: it is AREA */

PNL LTS: Maybe the backlighting of whole aerial refuel panel? But aren't there already knobs for controlling the brightness of all panels on the center pedestal?

I have also haven't found any information regarding the indicator lights but I think that probably the box mounted below the overhead panel contains them:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3072[/ATTACH]

Does anyone know if this really are the aerial refuel indicators and if so how they are labeled? As there are five indicators they probably show DOOR UNLOCKED, OVERRIDE, READY, LATCHED and DISCONNECT. But that would be a bit long for the quite small indicators...

Thanks in advance,

Tom

Edited by TheTom
Correct AMPL -> AREA light dim switch

• 1 month later...

I think I know what the switches at the top are for, but I'm not completely sure about the lower part:

Slipway: Just the lights inside the slipway, or also the two in front of the UARRSI illuminating the area around the receptacle opening?

Slipway lights are the 12 bulbs located inside of the refueling receptical, the two lights in front of the UARRSI are part of the area lights (plus the two lights to either side of the receptical).

Fuselage: The lights in front of the receptacle or are there some more lights I've missed?

I dont remember the exact location of these but they were back twords the wings on top of the fuselage.

Leading edge: Probably the default leading edge lights...

Your right, the leading edge lights on UARRSI aircraft have a wider angle of illumination than non UARRSI

Ampl: About this one I have absolutely no clue. Isn't an amplifier an electric/electronic device which intensifies something? Also maybe AMPL is not correct and it should state something.

AMPL is indeed amplifier, signal amplifier to be totally correct.

PNL LTS: Maybe the backlighting of whole aerial refuel panel? But aren't there already knobs for controlling the brightness of all panels on the center pedestal?

Should just be the lights on the AR panel itself, separate from center pedestal lights.