New pictures

tinwhistle

Hi everyone,

If you go to my personal gallery you will find the latest pictures I've posted of my old aircraft tail #877. She and I were recently reunited after a seperation of almost 50 years! The new pictures starting with #065 through 068 are pics given to me by the Base commander (Colonel "Robbie" Robertson) of the 182nd Airlift Wing, Peoria A.N.G., and are pictures of the aircraft when she was still on active duty. The rest were taken the day I visited and are labeled. I hope you enjoy them!!!

tinwhistle (Chris)

Hi Pat

Yes I rotated out of CCK in January of 1967. #877 was still in silver at that time. Was she painted when you flew her?

One of the comments I heard while visiting Peoria is the crew that flew her into Peoria for her well earned retirement said she "flew like silk"! I guess the most amazing thing for me was the number of hours on the ol' girl: 30,050 hrs on the airframe!! She also has a ton of gear rotations (I guess that's what it's called). They figure she must have a bunch of "touch and goes". Another interesting fact: #1 engine has close to 25,000 hours. But the thing I found most facinating was the cargo compartment. They cannabolized the flight deck, but the cargo area looked as if it just came off a combat mission! Straps and gear strewn all over!!!! That really took me back in time!!!!

tinwhistle (Chris)