True Air Speed Vs Indicated air speed ERROR - C130 H

bruno_Tuga

Hello, greetings from Portugal.

Currently i have one problem that is turning my head apart. In "my c-130" i have a erroneus indicating of TAS.

With the pitot and static connect to the aircraft, on the ground and with 200 Knots in the IAS of #1 and #2, +/- 200 Knots in the Navigator TAS. In the INS i have the same reading.

Whem i put so static pressures, about 5000 feet, my speed stars to go up in the Navigatos TAS and in my INS. Whem i get to 25000 feet i get 360Knots in the Nav TAS and the INS. The IAS on #1 and #2 remain at 200 Knots and my reading in the pitot static test is 200.

I already change de TAS Computer and the Air speed sensor on the Nav position. The problem remain. Thinking that could be a internal malfunction on some indicator, i remove from the line some of the components that use pitot and static pressure, the TAS Indicator, and the IAS on #1 and #2. The problem reamins.

Someone is can help me.

A rule of thumb to remember is increase your airspeed by 2% per thousand feet of altitude. So at 200 knots for every thousand feet add 4 knots. TAS and IAS are not going to read the same. It doesn't seem like you have a problem. You can take a bag of ice and put on the TAS probe because the temperature will affect the reading also.

Hope this helps!!

It doesn't seem like you have a problem.

I agree, run some numbers in the performance manual and you will see if your indicated remains the same your true will increase.

Have your crew run the indicated airspeed for 300 tas curise chart then set the indicated airspeed that will result in 300 tas and see what the TAS readout is.