One Liners Three

snowyday

The reason it’s so hard to save money is that there’s so many other things a feller can do with it.

Everybody’s against sin, especially the other feller’s sin.

A little opposition is necessary for every man – kites rise against, not with the wind.

I reckon the preacher takes up the collection before preaching because everybody’s awake then.

If a fat woman that wears slacks had hindsight, she’d quit wearing ‘em.

A working man ought to eat a hearty breakfast, as work is especially hard to take on an empty stomach.

How come the weather man never attributes cold fronts to plunging necklines.

If somebody asks you to listen to him with an open mind, the chances are that he’s got some propaganda to plant in it.

It’s easy to tell a publicity hound, he’s got a big mouth and a long tale.

Looks like that for some time, about all I’ve got to show for my money is cancelled checks.

So many folks enjoy drinking coffee that it’s a wonder the reformers ain’t tried to get it outlawed.

Never tell a top sergeant that zebras are not the only donkeys wearing stripes.

I doubt if anybody could be pessimistic while watching the sun rise.

Bear in mind that the feller that slaps you on the back is in a good position to kick you in the pants.

I always figgered a woman was in her prime when she celebrates her 30th birthday the first time.

Another reason a fool riles me so much is because he gits so much fun out of being a fool.

“Remember, part of all you earn belongs to you.â€

Whether the average feller gets much fun out of life depends a lot on how often he goes fishing.

They say the customer is always right, but that shore ain’t so when he’s in a bank.

It’s mighty easy to keep from crying over the other feller’s spilled milk.

A feller ought to try to live so his feller man won’t get a good laugh out of the inscription on his tombstone.

It’s hard to know what to do, if you tell lies, folks won’t trust you; if you tell the truth, they won’t like you.

A preacher says the devil will take the world over soon. I reckon it’s just a matter of him foreclosing the mortgage.

A lot of folks work their selves to death trying to get even with their enemies and ahead of their friends.

It’s natural that a feller that has seen his best days looks back on them as the good old days.

A fool and his money soon parts—especially when a carnival comes to town.

I use to worry about getting fat, till I learned it was worse to have to worry about being hungry.

I feel a lot better since I quit taking several sorts of vitamins and started taking food with my meals.

I often wonder where John Q. Taxpayer gets all the money the politicians take away from him.

Nearly any girl will throw herself at a man if she thinks he is a good catch.

Halloween was about the only time when boys of my generation dared to be juvenile delinquents.

It’s mighty hard for a feller to see both sides of a question if it’s close to him.

A budget ought to include an item of at least 10 per cent to cover money that disappears without a trace.

Money ain’t the most important thing in life, but it’d be hard to name five things more important.

A lot of times what is took for a majority ain’t nothing but a little minority kicking up a lots of fuss.

When a feller sets out to tell you his troubles, he don’t ever omit none of the details.

I wonder if a diet of milk and honey would supply a fellow with all the vitamins he needs.

Imagination is what makes some politicians think they are statesmen.

Sheep’s eyes are easy to pull the wool over.

A woman don’t never cry so hard she can’t see what effect she’s having on whoever’s looking at her.

Television is rapidly finding its way into the home now that it has passed the bar examination.

If you want to work yourself to death and have no fun while doing it, do what everybody expects you to.

Nobody dresses crazier than men in the summer, unless it’s women in the winter.

Us Americans ought to be thankful, not only for living, but for where we’re living and how we’re living.

Folks like to get mad. I never miss the column by a fellow that makes me madder’n all get out.

Ain’t no use to hope for paradise here unless folks learns how to run the world without politicians.

In a lot of cases the feller that offers to take you in on the ground floor is up to some dirty work.

It’s a pretty tough world. If we work, we get tired – if we don’t work, we get hungry.

A lot of times I wonder what became of all the money I saved by not drinking liquor.