One Liners Five

snowyday

Every time one man puts a new idea across, he finds ten men who thought of it before he did, but they only thought of it.

Nobody ain’t interested in your ailments but the doctor, and he wouldn’t be if it wasn’t his business.

The first lie detector was made from the rib of man. No improvement has ever been made on the original machine.

Nothing can hold liquor as well as a bottle so leave it in the bottle.

Folks can’t take it with them, but the tightwads get a big kick out of hanging on to it while they’re here.

I know an old codger that don’t believe nothing he hears, nor nothing he sees till he looks twice.

If you are asking a man for his daughter’s hand be sure not to get the one she keeps in his pockets.

The world seems to be weltering in the longest wry spell in history.

An inconsistent feller is one that agrees with you on some things and disagrees with you on others.

An education at least enables us to express what we do not know with eloquent phraseology.

The world has become so small that almost any nation is within reach of Uncle Sam’s pockets.

The fellow that chases a woman runs a big risk of having a head-on collision.

Some folks tell Satan to get behind them because they’re ashamed for even the devil to see what they do.

Eating an apple made Eve know she was not robed, it’s about time women try eating another apple.

The average boy uses soap as if it came out of his allowance.

I ran across a book on “How to Manage Women,†I’m reading it for the laughs.

Brother Jones is called a pillar of the church, and I notice that right often he’s also a sleeper.

“A small town is the place where a fellow with a black eye doesn’t have to explain it to people.â€

The biggest problem about your leisure time is how to keep other folks from using it.

Good wives, like flowers, bloom here and there,

Bad wives, like weeds, grow everywhere.

The reason a girl had rather have beauty than brains is because most men see better than they think.

I might enjoy being young again, but I don’t believe I’d enjoy being that foolish.

I believe the human race is here to stay, and that there ain’t nothing much that can be done about it.

Don’t feel superior to people who are living in the past. It was much cheaper then.

A wise man, when the chips are down, doesn’t have any on his shoulder.

It’s always later than you think – especially early in the morning.

This would be a mighty pretty world and a fairly good one if man wasn’t here to louse it up.

It’s mighty hard to argue with a fellow that makes up statistics as he goes along.

Looks like no matter what sort of economic machine is set up, it’s geared so as to keep the poor man broke.

Finding the needle in a haystack is not a pleasant achievement for a hungry cow.

A bureaucrat is a man or woman who works for the government in a job that somebody else wants.

One big trouble about getting old is that a feller has to mighty nigh stop living in order to keep from dying.

Folks that say they’re tired of this vale of tears sends for the doctor quick as anybody when they get sick.

It ain’t hardly possible these days to over-estimate what it’s going to cost to build something.

Yesterday the parson preached a sermon against gambling, and then turned right around and married a couple.

It’s a mighty big strain on a child’s faith when the Sunday School picnic is rained out.

It’s mighty hard to tell sometimes whether a public speaker is putting on an act or having a fit.

Some people use religion like a bus and ride on it only when it is going their way.

Experience is a strenuous teacher – no graduates, no degrees, some survivors.

The reason history keeps on repeating is because man keeps repeating his fool mistakes.

How come there’s so much more summer weather in summer than spring weather in spring.

Be skeered of a woman that tells the truth about her age, she’d tell the truth about anything.

Most of a fellow’s education comes after his schooling, as he gradually learns he don’t know everything.

If an office holder says he don’t know if he’ll run for reelection, he’s a liar that wants to be asked.

The most useful word in the language ain’t got but two letters, it begins with “n†and ends with “oâ€.

It looks like saving money for a rainy day mighty nigh always brings on a flood.