One Liners Six

snowyday

Before you flare up at anyone’s faults, take time to count ten of your own.

“The trouble with marrying for money,†said Rabbi Beryl D. Cohen during a recent symposium on marriage at Brookline, “is that you’ve got to take the girl with it.â€

“I was crazy to get a wife and since marriage I’ve never changed my opinion.â€

The reason folks don’t practice what they preach is this wouldn’t leave ‘em much time for preaching.

The sorriest newspaper I ever saw was one that was run by a fellow that tried to please everybody.

Like a lot of folks, flowers are soft from being coddled. Weeds will grow right on without pampering.

How come it hurts a fellow a lot more to lose a dime than it does to throw away a dollar?

When I read that 17 per cent of folks are flat-footed, I got to wondering how many of ‘em are flat-headed.

“One farmer said I ain’t greedy ‘bout land. I only want what jines mine.â€

About the only kind of suffering I ain’t had is childbirth, and I think I’ve had symptoms of that. Olin Miller

A fellow ain’t got very much religion if he gets mad when he argues about it.

I heard an old fellow say he’d rather be descended from a monkey than from some folks he knows.

It’s hard to tell which is slickest, a water wagon seat, or a political party economy plank.

The fellow that said the best things in life are free ain’t near as fond of eating as I am.

I often wonder how I managed to live through all the home remedies that were given to me when I was a kid.

“A gentleman is a man who holds the door open for his wife while she carries out the garbage.

A man that ain’t got no better sense than to argue with a woman is bound to lose the argument.

I don’t wish money growed on trees, but on bushes so I could get it without climbing or stooping.

Maybe bread cast upon the waters will return, but most of the dough thrown across the oceans will not.

What happens when a black cat crosses the path of a fellow that’s carrying a rabbit’s foot.

They say over eating will kill you, but I’d rather do that than to die on an empty stomach.

Home is the place where you can trust the hash.

I ain’t never heard of nobody getting an honorary degree from the School of Experience.

A fellow ought to live so the person that writes the inscription for his tombstone won’t go to hell for lying.

If I had some stock that was going to double in six months, I wouldn’t be out trying to sell it.

When you give your wife the slip, it had better be gift wrapped.

A fellow may have more money than brains – but not for long.

The funniest thing I’ve ever seen and heard was a lawyer trying to cross-examine a woman witness.

I’m ‘agin’ nudism, the less you can see of the average person, the better he looks.

One-armed bandit players are lambs being led to the slotter.

A dollar won’t do as much for you nowadays, but you won’t do as much for a dollar.

The weaker sex is the strongest sex because of the weakness of the stronger sex for the weaker sex.

Always be generous in praise of your wife’s appearance – particularly if she happens to be wearing last year’s outfit.

It’s easy to tell when a feller is telling a lie, he always offers to prove it.

Fortunate is the lovely young lady who can use her head for something other than to separate earrings.

An adolescent is a youngster in his early nicoteens.

Whether a fellow ought to say what he thinks depends on what he’s thinking and who he’s talking to.

No matter how little a fellow knows about religion, he feels fully qualified to argue about it.

Yes the air is free, but if you ain’t got the price of groceries, you can’t breathe it very long.

A budget is a method of planned worrying.

A fellow’s ear shore gets a lot more exercise than his tongue when a woman calls him on the phone.

A forger is a guy who gives a check a bad name.

There are as many fatal accidents in the home as on the highway, but getting killed at home is cheaper.

The height of many a girl’s ambition is about six feet.

A pessimist is the best person to borrow money from. He never expects to get it back.