MC 130 ICS cords that sequels...

could not dup

Hi, so who's buying or building your ics cords? I hate making them, yes i know it's a right of passage to do this and your worth is dictated by how well you build them.

- my question gets down to how or what is your reference to build them, we have been building them the same for years, but it's not per the GE, since the TO shows a error, the white and black head set low wire gets flipped, then you get a sequel while using it. Yes we submitted a 22, but they made it worse. I order some from supply, and they do the same error while making them. I'm trying to fix all the little things that add up to annoying ics system that everyone hates...

what is your guild to build them?

CND...

Glad to see your continued dedication to making things work the way that they are suppose to.

Ok.... knocking off the layers of dust and digging out my old T2 cheat sheets and stuff...

I noticed that on Fig 4-9 of the -2-13, the white is being used from the U77 pin A and going to (TJS-108) ICS plug pin 2. Black goes from the U77 pin B to the ICS plug 4 and then jumpered to the ICS button and RAD button.

Hmmmm, I see on my old dwg (1997 when T2 was born) for the ICS cord from Astrocom that white is used from U77 pin B to (TJS-108) ICS plug pin 2, then jumpered to the ICS button and RAD button. Black is from U77 pin A to ICE plug pin 4. The ANR plug is as the -2-13 shows. This is how I believe that you are making your "modified" connections, correct?

I notice that on the ICS cord in -2-13, the shield bubble symbol shows the white and black wires crossing over. My old cable dwg does not show these wires crossing...

Unfortunately, I haven't seen a copy of the AIC-30 ICD to verify the signal or discretes that the control panel requires to make the PTT's work. Maybe back shop might have a copy of the bench check out? with a little theory? for you to research.

To confuse things.... I did see a cheat sheet showing that the AFA cord has the PTT using pin 4 and jumper with headset LO on the headset plug. I do not have any other data for the AFA cord, and I don't remember seeing anything thing on the build up in the -2-13.

IF my old cord drawing happens to be correct(???).... I wonder about the possiblity of the t.o. being updated by someone that confused the AFA cord PTT connections with the ANR cord PTT???

Good luck with your research and repairs.

Bob

I remember when the ANR system was first put on...folks were getting shocked through the lip mic!! We all just pulled the breakers for them...seems like a year, but it was probably only a couple months later, somebody figured out just what you're talking about; the cords had been wired wrong for use with the ANR.

The ICS on the T2 is fair on the best of days. There's far too much feedback in the system, it can't handle being loaded up with multiple crewmembers, it can't handle mixed headsets (some guys wearing Bose, some guys wearing DCs), the hum is directly relative to the pilots instrument lights, and it's almost impossible to get a good balance between the radios. They really need to update the system to a modern digital system with some sort of AGC and better filtering...not that it affects me anymore. ;)

The ICS on the T2 is fair on the best of days. There's far too much feedback in the system, it can't handle being loaded up with multiple crewmembers, it can't handle mixed headsets (some guys wearing Bose, some guys wearing DCs), the hum is directly relative to the pilots instrument lights, and it's almost impossible to get a good balance between the radios. They really need to update the system to a modern digital system with some sort of AGC and better filtering...not that it affects me anymore. ;)

Welcome to the result of being tied to the H-60 Nighthawk. A lot of what is screwed up in the avionics is the result of that, especially the ICS.