Work in Progress: C-130E 3959 "High Res" Print

Casey,

You have Military Airlift Command on the wheel well with an ACC patch on the tail. They both look really good, though. Also with the "LM" on the tail, it should be a TAC patch. Or was this a test?

Don R.

Thanks for the kind words. Your observations are correct; I'm still in the process of straigtening up the patches, lettering and other misc details.

Casey

Nope, the 316th at that time was a tact airlift wing, and it's patch had a blue field, with nine white deployed parachutes ( eight and a streamer if you had one of Col Brevig's) the rest was similar to the one you have here. If you like I can try to scan mine and send it to you.....................This patch you show is for the 316 wing at andrews,

Also, the old gal had a plain red stripe on her vertical stabilizer, not th e black one...... no border or anything, just ared stripe, the 36th's squadron color...... This old bird has quite a history for me, she once gave me and my crew a real fun ride for a while on a ferry trip to CCK. we ended up takin'her home and gettin' another aircraft.....

Giz

Edited by gizzard
additioanl info

Here ya go. I don't know what the half red border is all about.

Yeah, Giz, I remember the Creek Party ANG KC-97's at Rhein Main. They really loaded up on Henniger beer when they rotated home.

Don R.

Edited by DC10FE

Yepper, Don, that's it.............. can't advise about the colors either. but do any of you remember the heraldsry description of the old TAC patch, which I guess is the same as the AMC or whatever????

Blue is for the oceans we never cross

Red is for the blood we never shed

The sword is for the weapons we never use

The yellow wings are the reaons for all of the above.

Dunno who wrote that, or who told itto me for that matter, but us trash-haulers know the fallacy, but apreciate the humor

Anyway, casey, ol' cripple 8 looks good so far, just a whole lot cleaner lookin', fabulous work

load clear

Giz

Casey, some how the photo of the plane has disappeared from this thread, but loking at your artwork, it looks great, except, and I could be wrong, the wing patch was more forward.........I seem to remember them at the crew entrance door, but I could be mistaken, I just can't find any picture to verify it....

Giz

Casey, some how the photo of the plane has disappeared from this thread, but loking at your artwork, it looks great, except, and I could be wrong, the wing patch was more forward.........I seem to remember them at the crew entrance door, but I could be mistaken, I just can't find any picture to verify it....

Giz

It further forward, above the fwd-most portal window. I'll fix it.

Casey I believe its the second one . Just bought one on e-bay Im still looking for a 316th wing patch

Hey, Jery, like you saw at Hampton, I still have my old flight jacket with all the patches, but I may have another 316th somewhere, no guarantee that I do or can find it, but if I do, you are more than welcome to it,.....Giz