V A Claims

tinwhistle

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably will appeal. They didn't mention anything about Agent Orange. They did mention asbestos since I had mentioned that during the exam. said for me to fill out the provided statement form. Working in those old hangers filled with asbestos, old brakes had asbestos I believe, some heat protection wrappings around C-118 wing heaters, etc.

Just got my first benefit check deposit today. It must include back benefit pay to when I first filed my claim. So a win for the team.

They should send you a statement of the back pay, provided the sobs can get it right that shows the pay for the rating you got for each year that your claim drug on.......... mine had THREE,and the bastards still don't have it right. So today, I threw the Congressman card, wonder where that will take me????????

Good for you SEFEGeorge! If you think you have basis for an appeal, go for it. Don't let them get away without a fight!

My wife and I (just this evening) ran into a guy who was a year behind me in H.S. and I just recently found out that he is a Nam Vet, in our conversation he mentioned behavior patterns that reek of PTSD. I urged him to file. He said he felt really odd in doing that, almost ashamed. Darn it all, that's juist what the SOB's at VA want us to think!!!!!! I believe that I convinced him to get started on a claim. I'll follow up with him and just for the fun of it I'll keep us all in the loop. I wonder how long his process will take?

Good for you SEFEGeorge! If you think you have basis for an appeal, go for it. Don't let them get away without a fight!

My wife and I (just this evening) ran into a guy who was a year behind me in H.S. and I just recently found out that he is a Nam Vet, in our conversation he mentioned behavior patterns that reek of PTSD. I urged him to file. He said he felt really odd in doing that, almost ashamed. Darn it all, that's juist what the SOB's at VA want us to think!!!!!! I believe that I convinced him to get started on a claim. I'll follow up with him and just for the fun of it I'll keep us all in the loop. I wonder how long his process will take?

Ya want an example of brother from another mother??? This is it!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well done, TW. Keep him goin'. I am submitting a proposal that the name of the VA be changed to the Veterans Adversaries.......They must get points for denied and delayed claims, plus bonus points for the poor SOB who dies before he can get his claim settled. Just like way back when, we have to watch each others back..... Proud of ya, TW,

GIZ

Looked through the health benefits pamphlet that I got from the VA a couple months ago. It explained the benefits that I was getting at the time. I was in the Priority 8 category. best I can tell now is that I should move up to the Priority 3 category. But who knows. I'll be calling the VA number in my disability notification and make sure that the VA records are updated.

Looked through the health benefits pamphlet that I got from the VA a couple months ago. It explained the benefits that I was getting at the time. I was in the Priority 8 category. best I can tell now is that I should move up to the Priority 3 category. But who knows. I'll be calling the VA number in my disability notification and make sure that the VA records are updated.[/quote

George, if you have the same success I had with callin' the VA, ya might as well call ME!!!!!!!!!!!!! I like how all their information is worded so you can't be sure about anything........Sure is a sorry way to treat people who stepped forward while the majority of our peers either stood still or stepped BACK!!!!!!!!!!! Would I do it all over again????? YOU G#@ D*#^ right I would.............. Keep gnawin' at them George...........

Boy, oh, boy, guys, I think I stirred up a shit storm, by contactin' my congressman, he is in his first term, but I think he may be one of the good ones. I have gotten two phone calls from his staff members and two emails from them already requesting additional info and having me sign a release of information form. THEN, this morning, I got a phone call from an F5 tornado of a lady, who in no uncertain terms, told me it was bullshit what I had put up with and what they were still screwin up. She had worked for our prior congressman and deals exclusively with veteran's issues and does not take no for an answer. She told me that Baltimore was a total train wreck and needed fixing. Anyway, she is already chewin' on somebody's ass on my behalf, and told me this......any of you guys out there who are havin' issues, contact your congressman, give them the details of your situation, and give them a reasonable amount of time to respond. If nothing happens in your favor, she says for you to contact me, I guess it would best through private message on the site here, and I am to give you her number, and, her words. " By damn, I'll get seomething for them." After talkin' to her, I do believe she will, so if you find yourself in that situation, let me and I'll help ya get gunship Diana workin' for ya, and I'll be damn proud to help ya. BTW, she says no matter what state, she will get something goin' once your congressman etc, have not came through..

Load clear, ramp and door comin' closed

GIZ

Boy, oh, boy, guys, I think I stirred up a shit storm, by contactin' my congressman, he is in his first term, but I think he may be one of the good ones. I have gotten two phone calls from his staff members and two emails from them already requesting additional info and having me sign a release of information form. THEN, this morning, I got a phone call from an F5 tornado of a lady, who in no uncertain terms, told me it was bullshit what I had put up with and what they were still screwin up. She had worked for our prior congressman and deals exclusively with veteran's issues and does not take no for an answer. She told me that Baltimore was a total train wreck and needed fixing. Anyway, she is already chewin' on somebody's ass on my behalf, and told me this......any of you guys out there who are havin' issues, contact your congressman, give them the details of your situation, and give them a reasonable amount of time to respond. If nothing happens in your favor, she says for you to contact me, I guess it would best through private message on the site here, and I am to give you her number, and, her words. " By damn, I'll get seomething for them." After talkin' to her, I do believe she will, so if you find yourself in that situation, let me and I'll help ya get gunship Diana workin' for ya, and I'll be damn proud to help ya. BTW, she says no matter what state, she will get something goin' once your congressman etc, have not came through..

Load clear, ramp and door comin' closed

GIZ

Giz - damn sam. Nice work.

I went to the DMV today to get my Disabled Vet plates. Raised a little shit with them. I already have handicap plates on my Jeep. Had them for a few years so I met the requirements for Alaska HDCp plates, signed form from doc. So I researched the Alaska DMV first for requirements:

Disabled Veteran's Plates ~ Parking Privileges

[TABLE="width: 100%"]

[TR]

[TD]disabi1.jpg[/TD]

[TD]To apply for disabled veteran's license plates with parking privileges, an applicant must submit the following documentation of a mobility impairment and proof of service related disability:[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

• An original Application for Disabled Parking Identification, completed in full by both the applicant and their Alaska licensed physician.
  • A certificate from an agency of the United States federal government, including the veteran's administration, stating the person has a service related disability.

Return to top

Disabled Veteran's Plates ~ Without Parking Privleges

A disabled veteran who has a service related disability but does not meet the specifically defined criteria may obtain disabled veteran plates with a certification from the U.S. government that they have a 50% or greater service related disability.

Disabled Vet plates without parking privileges do not have the wheelchair logo.

She was telling me that I had to have a 50% rating before I could get them. So I presented her with a printout of the DMV web page and showed her only 50% to get regular DAV plates. To get the HDCP DAV plates you just needed the form signed by the doc and a VA letter stating my VA disability. Since I already had the hdcp plates and signed form. I'd like them.

Well after 15 minutes she headed off to her supervisor. 20 minutes later she comes back with we checked the statues, etc., and you'll get the plates since the statutes aren't clear on the subject.

So ta-da.....

Wow! Sounds like you shook the tree with the african bee nest in it.

Havnt heard any more about my latest attempt but I will definately keep you and Diana on my radar.

Roger that, we'll discuss it at wright-pat, you still goin' right???

Only an act of God will keep me from Dayton. Looking forward to meeting you and the rest of the brothers.

SEFEGeorge...Nice looking plate! Did you have any bets on breakup this year?

Naw. Gave up on breakup. Never could get close enough. Even buying 10-20 tickets. Some people are so damn dedicated they must have a computer program to calculate all the previous years weather, etc. I think the closest I ever got was about 12 hours but even that put me down the list a ways considering they want it down to the minute.

I never got close either. But I always looked forward to breakup and the fishing that would follow.

Never did a lot of fishing until about 14 years ago. Then started doing halibut charters out of Deep Creek. GF & I drove down on Friday, spent 2 nights in a cabin at Deep Creek (like a small 10x15 storage shed with 2 sets of bunk beds and a coffee pot - $35 for weekend, porta potty outside, boats parked right there to load our gear on). Then we'd do the silver salmon derby out of Seward. Never did the Russian River though. Too much combat fishing for me.

Yeah, the Russian was tough. That was a nice mess of halibut and silvers. Went to Seward once. Camped on a rocky beach. Launched a zodiac into the surf with a couple of others. Almost swamped it but got some good halibut and cooked them over an open fire on the beach....Best fish I ever had.

Bet my Dad would have liked to have had your accomodations when he was up there!!!!!! Course that was WWII, he was at Attu, Kiska, Cold (or Coal, which ever it was) Bay, and Dutch Harbor. It is a real shame that that part of WWII is not well known........musta been pretty bad!!!!!!!!!! Thanks, Pap!!!!!!Giz

Your right Giz. The nation owes your Pap and all those WWII Vets an everlasting debt of gratitude.

The Aleutian Islands were attacked by the Japanese as a way to draw US Navy forces away from Midway and secure a northern outpost to protect Japan from American attack. On June 2, 1942 a Japanese force of two aircraft carriers with 82 planes, two heavy cruisers, three destroyers and an oiler steamed through the foggy North Pacific toward Dutch Harbor. Supporting the task force were Vice Admiral Boshiro Hosogaya's northern force consisting of four cruisers, nine destroyers, and three transports carrying 2,500 Japanese army invasion troops. Submarines screened the fleet. The planes were to strike a paralyzing blow at Dutch Harbor while troops were to land on Adak, Kiska and Attu and occupy these islands.

Early on the morning of June 3, 1942 the planes of the carrier Juyno attacked Dutch Harbor. Attack planes of the carrier Rynjo had lost their bearings in the dense fog and returned to their carrier. The Dutch Harbor attackers were met with heavy antiaircraft fire from the alerted American forces and caused minimal damage. Despite all human courage and mechanical genius, the miserable weather definitely controlled the course of the battle.

I apologize for the long rant, but I could have gone on. Remember, the Japanese probably lost the war at Midway. That battle started on June 4, 1942. Thank your Pap for me Giz

Yeah, the Russian was tough. That was a nice mess of halibut and silvers. Went to Seward once. Camped on a rocky beach. Launched a zodiac into the surf with a couple of others. Almost swamped it but got some good halibut and cooked them over an open fire on the beach....Best fish I ever had.

Always went with the same charter for those trips. Family acquaintance of sorts (skipper and wife was friends of now ex-gf). Nice boat. Probably over 29', twin engines, on board latrine. He had to pull boat out of water after every trip out of Deep Creek. Load up the boat with everything while still on the trailer, tractor would push us out, float away, and on our way. Reverse it on the trip in. Made it easier to head to Seward for the derby too.

Never could seem to catch anything but chickens like in the picture, 30-40 lbs. Steve would clean them, etc., for us as well. Two halibut limit per person. On another trip a woman who was on a business trip from CA decided to do a halibut trip before she went home. Wouldn't you know it, she's the only one to ever catch a larger one, 100 pounder.

On the trip for those silvers we also caught 6 rock fish and one of the guys caught a skate.

A few pics from the trips. Boat launch pic was in Seward. Typical engineer, sleeping......