Old thread

tinwhistle

I was just going over an old thread, C-130 Crash at Taiwan 1965, and ran across some information that is a bit startling!. That thread mentions specifics on 4 or 5 C-130 crashes. The crew chief on the first crash listed, 64-0536, an A1C Bosnick was an aquaintance of mine. I didn't know 'til 10 minutes ago that he died in the crash of his aircraft. Rather sobering. Another on that list is 63-7878. The assistant crew chief for that aircraft (he was not with the plane on that flight) was Jim Watts, a personal friend. Jim was absolutely horrified over the loss of that plane. I don't know if he ever got over that loss. Not to mention the fact that that aircraft was the sister to mine, # 877.

"There but for the grace of God go I".

Edited by tinwhistle

• 2 years later...
18 hours ago, rc johnson said:

Just so happens that 0536 is the last four on my current Visa card. Newbies to CCK were bussed from Taipei to CCK when I got there in February 69 and when I left in May 70. We thought at the time it would have made sense to have been flown instead.

rc, not everybody went from Taipei to CCK via bus! When I arrived from Naha for my new duty at CCK, I was all alone and had to fend for myself. I took the train. I had no idea what anybody was saying so I started asking all of the passengers " he say Taichung?" Finally a nice guy said "Taichung Taichung!" I got off and was able to find a way to CCK from there!

This all took place in Mar. 69  

We might have known each other,

Ken

• 2 years later...

i was in the 4442nd FMS at Sewart AFB and was assigned to the 314th FMS where we left for CCK on January 6 1966.I departed on 64-0536 a fresh from the factory silver bird. For us in the engine shop it was one of the best aircraft we had. No pictures of it have ever been found.