C-130 Landing gear

sds

Hi Guys,

I am working on 3D Model of the C-130H. It is going to be very detailed and very precise model with high-rez texture (all technical marks will be readable). I have found lots of references for whole airplane except of landing gear principal kinematic scheme and technical inscriptions on the engine and on top of airplane.

If any one can help me with it I would very appreciate it!

Thank you!

Dmitriy

www.precise3dmodeling.com

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Dummy down time here

What do you mean landing gear principal kinematic scheme? use small words please :)

And technical inscriptions for the engine???? Your not looking for all the bits of writing on the engine are you?

Ok :)

I would like to know how landing gear work. I don't want to guess how.

Also I can't find photos of the engine with all readble text on hoods, inlets etc. (exterior)

I will be grateful for any information.

Ok :)

I would like to know how landing gear work. I don't want to guess how.

Also I can't find photos of the engine with all readble text on hoods, inlets etc. (exterior)

I will be grateful for any information.

The only stencils on the engines are: the engine oil filler door, the fire ext doors and circles around the drain tubes.

Dmitriy,

There was a book published in the early 1970's called Airplane Profiles 223 C-130 Hercules that was written especially for the aircraft modeler. It had very detailed photos of the Herc. You might find it on Amazon.

Don R.

The only stencils on the engines are: the engine oil filler door, the fire ext doors and circles around the drain tubes.

Thank you for the photos!

You are right, some C-130 airplanes does not have lots of stencils, but some have them a lot. I would prefer to make model more details in the texture to make it looks "reacher". See the attached image. There are some stencils are readble some does't. It is the best photo I have found.[ATTACH=CONFIG]3357[/ATTACH]

Dmitriy,

There was a book published in the early 1970's called Airplane Profiles 223 C-130 Hercules that was written especially for the aircraft modeler. It had very detailed photos of the Herc. You might find it on Amazon.

Don R.

Thank you Don!

I am going to find this book.

• 6 months later...

Hi guys! Сan anyone tell what is written on top of the wing? Maybe someone has pictures of these spots? I will be grateful for any information!

Thanks[ATTACH=CONFIG]3684[/ATTACH]

The same holds true for all those markings. Those are all installed by LMCO prior to delivery. LMCO has a requirement to apply many extraneous markings (I think primarily as CYA for them). I can tell you that the USAF does not apply all those markings on acft, even J models that we strip and paint these days. LMCO will put all the markings on you referred to for delivery, but when it comes for it's first paint job, the USAF depot does not. USAF has their own USAF paint scheme drawings they follow.

The major stencils on top of the wings, USAF, Stars and Bars, Fuel Cap stencil, Life Raft and Life Raft Release, Escape Hatch opening instructions and that's about it.

The same holds true for all those markings. Those are all installed by LMCO prior to delivery. LMCO has a requirement to apply many extraneous markings (I think primarily as CYA for them). I can tell you that the USAF does not apply all those markings on acft, even J models that we strip and paint these days. LMCO will put all the markings on you referred to for delivery, but when it comes for it's first paint job, the USAF depot does not. USAF has their own USAF paint scheme drawings they follow.

The major stencils on top of the wings, USAF, Stars and Bars, Fuel Cap stencil, Life Raft and Life Raft Release, Escape Hatch opening instructions and that's about it.

Thank you Scott!