What do you recommend?????????

gizzard

Okay, guys, i figure if I can get good info on something, I can get it here. after years and I do mean years, I have found most of my old slides and picture and negatives from my years as a TAC trained killer. and, no Chris, they are NOT deguerreatypes. I want to digitalize them, and want some ideas on a converter. I read the reviews on many of them and still can't tell which is worth getting. I figure some of you, at least, have done this with your stuff, so any advice would be greatly appreciated...

thanks

Giz

Why's everybody always pickin' on me.......?

Anyway; it kinda depends on the equipment you have (hardware, read: scanner) and the software you have (read photo shop), or how much money you want to invest. I have the Epson V6000 Photo scanner. It only scans 4 slides at a time, however, it does a supurb job, the jig also holds negative strips. Quite possibly of more importance is the software. I use Adobe Elements 11. Of some importance is your ultimate objective. Do you simply want to scann slides and store them on your computer, or do you want to scan, then improve quality, before storage???

I was going to suggest you personal email me, but it may prove helpful to others if we work on this on the forum.

Chris

Ya, one thing you want to consider is that I get pretty anal when it comes to photography!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can appreciate that, that is one reason i threw this out there..... I probably won't do much other than digitalize them right now..........Hey I was a Loady, a firefighter and am still a halfway decent wood worker, what the hell do I know about picture takin'????

Take a look at the images I have posted. They were all done with this slide scanner.

yep Pop, I have seen them and I figured that is how they got posted....Back in our day who coulda ever thought of digital stuff. Anyway, I appreciate anything you can send my way

Giz

Giz, I use a unit named Image Box Plus I bought at Costco. It copies 4 slides in a holder type thing, it also does film strips, and has the capability of doing photos also!

It was used on at least half of my pictures in my gallery. It is easy to use, and cost around $120.00 (a couple years ago). My earlier pictures were done with a slide copier mounted to my camera. A real pain in the ass! Someday, I plan on redoing all of those slides with my Image Box.

Of course Chris being anal about photography like he is, would have Adobe Elements 11 !!! (he is a professional by the way)! I download my slide and picture copying & editing to Google Picassa on my computer. It is a free download!! See how easy I make it sound!! If you want to get more technical, ask Chris!

By the way giz, do you have any pics of the gals you hung around with? You know the ones that looked like a "potato sack full of doorknobs"??? I can't help it, that is funny!!!

Ken

Giz, I use a unit named Image Box Plus I bought at Costco. It copies 4 slides in a holder type thing, it also does film strips, and has the capability of doing photos also!

It was used on at least half of my pictures in my gallery. It is easy to use, and cost around $120.00 (a couple years ago). My earlier pictures were done with a slide copier mounted to my camera. A real pain in the ass! Someday, I plan on redoing all of those slides with my Image Box.

Of course Chris being anal about photography like he is, would have Adobe Elements 11 !!! (he is a professional by the way)! I download my slide and picture copying & editing to Google Picassa on my computer. It is a free download!! See how easy I make it sound!! If you want to get more technical, ask Chris!

By the way giz, do you have any pics of the gals you hung around with? You know the ones that looked like a "potato sack full of doorknobs"??? I can't help it, that is funny!!!

Ken

Yeah, i have gotten some advice from Chris....I'll contact ya by private message about this. Yeah, I bet some of them I knew way back when are rather weathered, now, just like me, but there was a TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!

Giz