Pickup Sticker

DC10FE

Don, nice arrangement, nice pickup!! Where do you find the Vietnam Veteran stickers like that??

Ken

I got the Vietnam sticker at an Army Navy store here.

Thanks for the pickup complement, Ken. I bought it new in 1983 in Abilene, TX. Still have the build sheet and owners manual. On its second engine & third transmission.

Giz, I had heard about your yellow truck -- that is yellow!!!!

Don R.

• 2 weeks later...

When Casey sent me my latest print a few months ago, he included some of his "Real Planes Have Props" stickers. Here's how I utilized one of them.

Don R.

Nice looking truck Don. I had a '79 when I came to AK. Passed everything on the highway except the gas stations - 350 cu.in., 4 barrel, 10 MPG. Luckily I had dual tanks on the drive from ARK-OH-WA otherwise we would have been stopping every few hours for gas.

With the back wiper on our Liberty not a lot of room for stickers even though I do have a few in the corners. Been trying to find a RVN sticker that thinner, about 1.5" to go across the top of the rear window.

Nice looking truck Don. I had a '79 when I came to AK. Passed everything on the highway except the gas stations - 350 cu.in., 4 barrel, 10 MPG. Luckily I had dual tanks on the drive from ARK-OH-WA otherwise we would have been stopping every few hours for gas.

With the back wiper on our Liberty not a lot of room for stickers even though I do have a few in the corners. Been trying to find a RVN sticker that thinner, about 1.5" to go across the top of the rear window.

George, I have the same size VSM sticker on the rear window of our Liberty as I have on my yellow truck.. My wife has the car now, or I'd post ya a picture of it, right under the wiper arm....

Giz

Nice trucks and stickers.

The sticker in the rear window of the pickup truck reminds me of something that happened to me several years ago. For years, I dodged jury duty. I received my usual 5 year jury duty summons. On the day requested I loaded my lunch into my truck and drove to the court house. Signed in and was given a number for the jury pool. After a very boring morning I was called into the court room. I was seated in the jury chair the judge wanted to fill. The judge, ask the usual questions and I answered truthfully. He then asks me how I got to court this morning. I told him I drove my pickup truck to court. The judges then ask if I had any bumper stickers on the truck, I answered no. The judge then ask me if had any stickers in the rear window, I answered yes. He ask me what they were, I answered a Vietnam Veterans sticker and American flag. The judge promptly announced, we have just filled juror position 10.

Careful who you tell about your truck.

trying this again

Looks good giz. What year is your Liberty? '08? Ours is an '09. Bigger than previous years and head-on front end view reminds me of an Abrams tank, hence the "aerodynamics" sticker I have. I'll have to take a straight-on picture of mine when I get out to the garage.

Sucks we don't have RVN Vet license plates. We have vet plates, etc., but no handicap vet plates unless your 50% service connected so I still have the standard Alaska HDCP plates.

It's an '07, so there is a difference in the back. Maryland makes a fortune of their special plates, every organization anymore has one, my truck has IAFF tags, then you see what they call the CR tag, it has various campaign and award medals on it like the VSM, bronze star, purple heart, etc............PLUS thye have about five or six at least for farming, Cheasepeake Bay, Nurses, that sort of thing...................I'm surprised alaska does have one specifically for each war.....

Giz

Giz, there are a number of plates available. Without posting a pic of each here's just a list and can be seen at

http://doa.alaska.gov/dmv/plates/index.htm

POW, Purple Heart, some unit plates, veterans of military operations in support of the United States in the Kingdom of Laos between February 28, 1961, and May 15, 1975 (?), etc., but not each war/operation/etc.

Well, Guy's

You've done it now!!!

I inherited a trait of my dad's: he hated bumper stickers, and anything that was similar, and I've followed his example. However, seeing what yoos guys have done with stickers and your trucks, I guess I'll have to pony up and find some stickers for "BigBlue"!!!!! The only one I have is the small "Real Planes Have Props", so it may be awhile before I can compete, but I'll get right on it..................

tinwhistle (Chris)

Well, Guy's

You've done it now!!!

I inherited a trait of my dad's: he hated bumper stickers, and anything that was similar, and I've followed his example. However, seeing what yoos guys have done with stickers and your trucks, I guess I'll have to pony up and find some stickers for "BigBlue"!!!!! The only one I have is the small "Real Planes Have Props", so it may be awhile before I can compete, but I'll get right on it..................

tinwhistle (Chris)

I'll take care of that for ya.....................

It's an '07, so there is a difference in the back. Maryland makes a fortune of their special plates, every organization anymore has one, my truck has IAFF tags, then you see what they call the CR tag, it has various campaign and award medals on it like the VSM, bronze star, purple heart, etc............PLUS thye have about five or six at least for farming, Cheasepeake Bay, Nurses, that sort of thing...................I'm surprised alaska does have one specifically for each war.....

Giz

Giz, here's a pic of our '09 Liberty. I checked the sweep of the rear wiper arm and the space that's not hit by the sweep is pretty small, maybe 1.5" tall and 4" or so wide. Of course I could put any size sticker on it if I didn't mind the wiper blade rubbing across it. But I figured that this would wear out the blade and the sticker. So I'm pretty much looking around for a 3 RVN ribbons one that can be narrowed to about 1.5" for the top of the window.

Looks like there's no place for the big "props" one either. So I'll have to get one of the small oval ones to put on the window. I guess that bigger isn't always better!

Giz, here's a pic of our '09 Liberty. I checked the sweep of the rear wiper arm and the space that's not hit by the sweep is pretty small, maybe 1.5" tall and 4" or so wide. Of course I could put any size sticker on it if I didn't mind the wiper blade rubbing across it. But I figured that this would wear out the blade and the sticker. So I'm pretty much looking around for a 3 RVN ribbons one that can be narrowed to about 1.5" for the top of the window.

Looks like there's no place for the big "props" one either. So I'll have to get one of the small oval ones to put on the window. I guess that bigger isn't always better!

That is the size of the one Ken has on his truck............I think I can locate one for ya. I am goin' to get some for TW as well............

Giz

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...