fuel tank repairs

tanker

Hello!

I have found out, there are a lot of publications for fuel tank repair:

TO-1-1-3

TO-1C-130B-2-5 (I don't know what's in there)

AP-130-1F

HSE

I've never found any kind of rescue information and preperations for working in fuel tanks of C-130.

Did anyone know something about this?!

thx

• 1 month later...

What kind of license should have a:

safety standby

entry (fitter in fuel tank)

equipment runner

_

We have this steps of techican:

people without technical license, but license for technical support

people with technical license = fitter (min. 3 jears pratical experience on C130)

people with technical license = mechanic with a branch typical license (min. 7 jears pratical experience on C130)

people with technical license = technical examiner (min. 10 jears pratical experience on any a/c)

people with technical license = technical officier (min. 3 jears experience in technical work on any a/c)

Technical Order 1-1-3 section 2 has a very complete description of the safety requirements for fuel tank maintenance that applies to all aircraft. T.O. 1C-130H-2-28JG-00-1 has complete safety requirements and tank entry procedures specific for the the C-130.

Technicians are not required to be licensed but are required to have training and be certified in confined space entry.

For commercial aircraft (L-100), Inspectors will be at least FAA licensed Airframe & Powerplant (A&P) mechanics and may also have an Inspection Authorization (IA) rating.

• 1 month later...