RPM too low in NGI

Steve1300

With everything you've already checked, it sounds like a fuel control. You might swap a fuel control/coordinator combo real quick to verify. It's the fuel control's job to get to HSGI, and it should stay in acceleration mode if it hasn't reached the right RPM yet. Since it doesn't have an abnormally high fuel flow, the fuel control is apparently happy that it thinks it has arrived at HSGI and changed out of accelerating mode.

If the valve housing was causing low RPM, the fuel control would be stuck in acceleration mode, and the result would be high torque and fuel flow as the fuel control keeps putting enough fuel to accelerate to on-speed.

• 1 month later...

Nothing wrong with it as far as I can see, its just running right at the bottom of its limit. Only thing i would be concerned about is what is going to happen when you come back from power to low pitch stop, as you normally lose 1 - 1.5% rpm

Steve 1300,

As pjvr mentions RPM limits for GI is 94 to 102, what's the problem? Yes, I see that it's on the low side but not out of limits. Do you have any other problems with this engine?

Ron

If I was flight crew and not a maintainer, I would believe that I don't have a problem. However, I am using an accurate tachometer, and my maintenance limits are 96.3– 99.1. The plane is not here now, so I guess I'll get to play with it later.

• 2 weeks later...