Eagle Claw / Desert One

Thud105

May we once again take a moment to remember those that gave it all at Desert One 33 years ago. My we never forget those we lost and all those who participated.

I thank you all and will never forget those "Who Had The Guts To Try"..

Thank You

Frank Carberry

Honorary Member, 8th SOS.

I just got back from Duke Field today. Where the Air Force had a big ceremony for the operation EAGLE CLAW anniversary and the retirement of the last of the Talon I MC-130E aircraft. The ceremony was a moving time. It was really nice to see 64-0562 the last of the Det1 314 TCW Vietnam aircraft and at the same time was sad.

I will try and copy the Ceremony booklet later today.

I have to correct you on something you said. It was a ceremony by the Air Force Reserve. There wasn't one word from the Active Air Force of a job well done or the presence of AFSOC leadership. It was well done though. The 711th treated and used the acft. well over the years. Having been associated with them in the school house for the entire time they had the Talons I can say there're a damn fine group of people. Good luck with the Truck.

I have to correct you on something you said. It was a ceremony by the Air Force Reserve. There wasn't one word from the Active Air Force of a job well done or the presence of AFSOC leadership. It was well done though. The 711th treated and used the acft. well over the years. Having been associated with them in the school house for the entire time they had the Talons I can say there're a damn fine group of people. Good luck with the Truck.

Well said, the active duty could take a lesson from them.