Saw this on "USAF Enlisted Aviators/Aircrew - Past and Present" and thought I would pass it on. May he RIP and have tailwinds as he journeys home.

Dan Wilson (aka Skeletor) RIP

Dan passed yesterday, May 4th. He and his wife have both been battling cancer.

He is survivied by his wife April, sons Stephen and Jon, and daughter Amber.

Dan retired from the USAF in 2004, 20 years as a flight engineer.

He grew up in Phoenix, AZ, and was an avid backyard mechanic and gunsmith.

Dan Wilson (aka Skeletor) RIP Dan passed yesterday, May 4th. He and his wife have both been battling cancer. He is survivied by his wife April, sons Stephen and Jon, and daughter Amber. Dan retired from the USAF in 2004, 20 years as a flight engineer. He grew up in Phoenix, AZ, and was an avid backyard mechanic and gunsmith. 79 to 81 Army supply guy (armorer) 81 joined the Air Force 81 to 85 Tinker AFB, OK, Crew Chief on Helen Keller (AWACS) 85 Crosstrained to Flight Engineer 85 to 89 Keesler AFB, 7th ACCS, flying on EC-130Es 89 to 93 Rhein Mein AB GE, 37th TAS flying on C-130E AWADS 93 to 98 Eglin AFB FL, 9th SOS flying on HC-130P/N and MC-130P 98 to 01 Kirtland AFB, NM, flight instructor for Rescue and SOF on HC and MC airframes 01 to 04 Eglin AFB FL, 9th SOS on MC-130P 09 to 13, Retired with wife April, they devoted their time together restoring a historical home in Monterey, Indiana.

Dan as a very long time member of this fourm I know you only here but based on what I have read in your post we share alot of the same values.

Fair winds and following seas is what we wish for our Brothers and thus they are exactly what I wish for you...

Dan as a very long time member of this fourm I know you only here but based on what I have read in your post we share alot of the same values.

Fair winds and following seas is what we wish for our Brothers and thus they are exactly what I wish for you...

Well said

I had the pleasure of working with Dan in the 9th SOS and being on multiple TDYs/Deployments with him. He was extremely knowledgeable and passionate about his job and took every opportunity to teach me and the other young Crew Chiefs. He was a huge influence on me and will always hold a special place in my heart. He was a fantastic engineer, talented instructor and a true American. We will miss him.

I read this post last night but was too numb to respond appropriately. I, like many others knew Dan only through his posts on this site. However, I feel as though I lost a friend and am saddened to learn of his passing.

Condolences to the family.

Dan......Soar with the Eagles my friend.

You know, after all the posts on Dan's passing, it seems he hs left quite a legacy.....Few people do, but obviously he touched many. I hope his family membesr get to read all this, they would be so deservedly proud. Somebody once said, in a different context, that the death of one diminished us all, and it is very true in this case..............

I've hesitated to post anything here because it seems everyone has posted what I wanted to say.

Like many, I only knew Dan via this forum, but I feel as if I knew him personally. He was a unique individual who will be sorely missed for his (usually) unsolicited, but direct opinions. Like Giz, I hope his family gets to read these posts.

RIP, Dan.

Don R.