Friends. Old and new...

tinwhistle

I just got through reading about the passing of Dan Wilson. Made me pause for a moments reflection. Since finding this site a few years ago I have become more aware of the role that the Herk and her crews have played in my life and just how much you folks out there mean to me. I have had the distinct pleasure of meeting, in person, two of you, and these new friendships are special. Giz calls us "brothers"; different mothers, but brothers just the same. So true!!!!

And MTCrewchief: fellow photographer, outdoors man, and conversationalist!!!! You're special...

Rest in peace Dan

Chris. I couldn't agree with you more. The people I've "met" on this site are a special group, more like family than some family members. I hope to meet some of you in person at WPAFB in June.

Farewell Dan. I will miss you.

Chris. I couldn't agree with you more. The people I've "met" on this site are a special group, more like family than some family members. I hope to meet some of you in person at WPAFB in June.

Farewell Dan. I will miss you.

Sparks, you better be there at Dayton. Remember to bring your 'fridge, that way I won't have to come to florida to raid it. and yes, it does seem like a big bunch of brothers on here. I think there are a few sisters as well. surely there could be more. But like I told Chris a while back, I think it its extraordinary how a big, ugly brown and green ( she will ALWAYS be that to me) airplane can create such a fraternal force, from all different areas of responsibility and duty......I understand, when they first started on the design of the 130, Clarence Johnson did not want to do it, not elegant enough. I doubt if he realized just what they had there. and I can tell ya, there must be one hell of a Tac airlift wing upstairs, with all the people we know who are now..........Maybe some day, I'll get to do an engine start with them..................

Never quite thought of it thatta way. But now that you mention it, Docs have a pretty poor record against the grim reaper. I figure about 100% of their patients up and die at some point. Guess Ill just try to make the best of what I have left. Thanks for putting things in perspective Giz

• 2 weeks later...

Tin Whistle Dan Wilson was a great guy, and his kindness knew no bounds he really helped my daughter who had a special request and presto it was done.

Sad in our family to see him go perhaps if you could send me some details PM if you feel more comfortable.

It will be good when we are all on the ramp together, where the airplanes never need cleaning, never have any right ups and we always have tailwinds.

When I see the pain and hardships that some folk go through it makes we glad that we are going to something better.

Gizard how is that lovely nurse of yours going.

All the best

Col down under

Tin Whistle Dan Wilson was a great guy, and his kindness knew no bounds he really helped my daughter who had a special request and presto it was done.

Sad in our family to see him go perhaps if you could send me some details PM if you feel more comfortable.

It will be good when we are all on the ramp together, where the airplanes never need cleaning, never have any right ups and we always have tailwinds.

When I see the pain and hardships that some folk go through it makes we glad that we are going to something better.

Gizard how is that lovely nurse of yours going.

All the best

Col down under

Hey, Col, good to hear from you..............your post is right on heading and altitude........ My wife has retired, well sorta, and now she works maybe four or five days a mont. Just can't give up the nursing, especially the cancer clinic, she loves those patients and says she has gotten more satisfaction workin' in that area than any other she did in 41 years. And the other nurse in my life, my daughter, is now nearly through her Master's in nursing and will be a certified nurse mid-wife, essentially a nurse practioner who delivers babys............right cool I think...........

Giz