C-130 Near Loss

Sarg

Gentlemen, is there a thread where one can ask what happened to an aircraft only by a very near loss? In explanation, I was once sideways, at high speed in I think an A Model up at Da Lat. All was saved by a Stan Eval Instructor pilot that really knew his stuff. Rumor was it was flown all the way back to Lockeed to check the superstructure. I'm not joking, honest.

Sarg

Thanks, Mr. Daley, but we were able to fly her out. We didn't crash, it hit the runway once and we were airborne again. We flew all the way back to Cam Rahn with the gear down as they didn't know if we could get them back down again. After that rumors flew and just wondered if any of the Crew Chiefs had heard of it.

Thanks again,

Sarg

I think I have a picture of that one but have never been able to identify the airplane?

Bob

Wrote up a bird at LRF once for a hard landing. Thought that the nose wheel strut was trying to give me a rectal exam. Sure pissed off the IP. A Major (alpha-hotel) if I remember correctly. Maintenance wasn't too happy either.

Casey:

Orginal maintance member of Combat Spere (Straygoose) 1966-1967 (4) birds 64-0547, 64-0561, 64-0562,64-0563.

we flew 30 min. intrail formation from POPE AFB to CCK became Det. 1 314TCW move to NhaTrang early Oct. 66

63 des. Oct. 67, 47 des. Dec. 29,1967 All 4 had STARS equip. we had 6 trained flight crews. C-130E (1) Skyhook birds.

thanks tom2