Max weight

mrjpc130h

Hi again guys... Just wondering where i cn find info bout max weight on wheel can be overnight especially tanker aircraft. Nowadays we practice fuel in the fuselage need to be defuel to prevent mlg oleo depleted or tyre over pressure. Any idea pls?

You can tow it at 175,000 so 175,000...

If parked "for several days" the books talk about tire "stretching" (flat spots).

Years past we would put a full load in fuse (think about cargo) you have "parked" an aircraft with a cargo load of 24,000 for 24 hrs or more yes?

Partially fill the main tanks to avoid fuel venting but no weight issues.

We did start the engines and move the aircraft each day if missions were cancelled to avoid the flat spots.

The struts and tires will be fine any landing will far exceed the pressure generated by sitting...

Yes sir our fuselage tank used to be filled 24000lbs of fuel..

And our maintenance crew urge to defuel to 3000 lbs with d same reason. But when i asked any reference y they did so no proper answer n they said only its been prctice like that before. So i insist to get the answer n any books to rfer regarding ths matter. Pls help any books or service buletin says somthng like ths?

Not sure about the C-130, but the C-5 had an parking weight limit. The issue was tire deflection which could cause flat spots or cracked walls. If it was parked overnight above the weight limit, the main gear tires would have to be replaced...that's 24 tires!

Many/most places don't allow the defueled fuel to be used in aircraft again. This would seem a huge waste of 21000lbs of aviation fuel...

Is not using defueled fuel USAF policy? In my day defueled JP was subjected to the same standard as it was the first time it came from the hydrant and routinely uploaded in the next acft.

Hi again guys... Just wondering where i cn find info bout max weight on wheel can be overnight especially tanker aircraft. Nowadays we practice fuel in the fuselage need to be defuel to prevent mlg oleo depleted or tyre over pressure. Any idea pls?

During my career I encountered similar situations where the sqd. was doing something simply because they had always done it that way. My approach was always, show me in the TO where it says this is required procedure. Most always the TO said nothing. My gut feel is your in the same position with this issue.

Is not using defueled fuel USAF policy? In my day defueled JP was subjected to the same standard as it was the first time it came from the hydrant and routinely uploaded in the next acft.

Well, I've been retired for a little over a year, but during at least the overwhelming majority of my time (as long as I paid attention to such things beyond actually just flying), any fuel removed from the plane couldn't be used in a plane again - they used it for the AGE and other ground-based stuff, but not the planes. Always struck me as a little wasteful, but I understood the reasoning to some extent...