We meet again

Mt.crewchief

Last week one of the guys that I met on this forum came to Montana for his second visit!

Chris and his wife Mary have become good friends with my wife and I and we look forward to seeing them every year!! (I may have to go to Wisconsin to see them next year)! I'm going to try Chris!!!

These two pictures are taken near the summit of Beartooth Pass. I think the elevation there is around 10,281 ft. This is on the way from my home in Columbus to the North East entrance to Yellowstone Park. Silver Gate MT.

We had a good time and Chris told me some more "war stories" of course I had none to offer!!!! :D

I think it would be great to be able to meet all of you guys & gal on the forum. I'll bet we would all get along like Chris and I do!!!

Ken

Oh sure, I was gonna come out with him, but he left before I got there!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's okay, next week I am gonna tear up Sparks's refrigerator, if he rings it to Dayton!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LMAO!!!!!!!!!!! Glad ya got together again. Chris and Mary are the best!!!!!!!!!!

Giz

That looks like it would be a lot of fun. I'll bet the views are great.

Giz, I won't be bringing the fridge with me to Dayton, but I'll be driving the family truckster and hauling my motorcycle (in case the mood hits me to take a side trip). Looking forward to meeting some of the guys on the forum.

Yeah Giz, They would all start with "There I was" or " This is a real no $hit story"

Yup, there I was at 30 thousand, inverted with no inverter,,,,,,,,,,The difference between a war story and a fairy tale........a fairy tale starts " Once upon a time...........", a war story 'This ain't no shit, guys....." Ya know, the funny thing is, so much of what we all experienced, anybody who wasn't there just can't believe it. Couple years ago, I was out in eastern PA visitin' an old buddy i had not seen in 38 years. Contrary to what you see here, I don 't talk much about my C-130 history to the general public or even family, but we got to talkin' and a little liquid tongue lube kicked in, and we got to talkin' in a little more detail and our wives were settin' there with their eyes bugged out and their mouths hangin' open. Finally my buddy's wife says to mine " Ihave never heard this stuff before. It's just luck that they are still here."""

But back to the thread, a Herky Lurker assembly would be great............

Looking forward to seeing all you Langley C-130 types at Wright Patt this weekend.

Going to hit the road from Boston tomorrow AM

Bob

i

If I can get my wife in the truck, we will be there wednesday late afternoon. Be safe in your travels.........

Giz

Yup, there I was at 30 thousand, inverted with no inverter,,,,,,,,,,The difference between a war story and a fairy tale........a fairy tale starts " Once upon a time...........", a war story 'This ain't no shit, guys....." Ya know, the funny thing is, so much of what we all experienced, anybody who wasn't there just can't believe it. Couple years ago, I was out in eastern PA visitin' an old buddy i had not seen in 38 years. Contrary to what you see here, I don 't talk much about my C-130 history to the general public or even family, but we got to talkin' and a little liquid tongue lube kicked in, and we got to talkin' in a little more detail and our wives were settin' there with their eyes bugged out and their mouths hangin' open. Finally my buddy's wife says to mine " Ihave never heard this stuff before. It's just luck that they are still here."""

But back to the thread, a Herky Lurker assembly would be great............

Ken, his wife, my wife and I are sitting in his living room simply visiting and the conversation slowly slides to Ken and I and C-130's. The next thing I know I'm back in South Vietnam. Later, Mary say's to me, "why haven't you ever talked to me about those things"? I did not answer; what could I say. If you weren't there.........

Herky lurker?????? I like that. Thanks Casey for this opportunity!!!!!

Herky Lurker, a reunion to beat all reunions!!! Would have to be at least a week long event. I have enough of my own (most true) to last most of a week. Of course the best part of these stories would be waiting for someone to call a "bullshit" on one or two of them!!!!

I'm sure Gizz could supply some of his "early American tongue lube"!!

Now I have to figure out how I can beat some of my travel phobia. Chris knows what I mean!!

I wouldn't be surprised to see faces I know but have no name for!!

Ken