Polish Herks

bobdaley

This pic was on the net with a couple of other pics of Polish 1505.

It was titled “Cockpit shot of 1505â€.

I zoomed it and the two radio plates on the glareshield said 10935.

Obviously 68-10935 but 1505 is supposed to be 70-1276 and 68-10935 according to the USAF is an air evac trainer in WV.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Bob

BDizzle

Could be but it was with two other pics that clearly showed 1505. Also look at the new flight instruments. 68-10935 never had new flight instruments.

By the way the URL you posted for 1505 subtitle was 1505 but the pic was of 1504.

Bob

The photo was 1504 but the news story says "On Wednesday, August 22, Minister of National Defence Tomasz Siemoniak participated in the ceremony organised on the occasion of receiving the transport aircraft C-130 Hercules No. 1505 as a part of equipment of the 33rd Transport Air Base in Powidz."

And according to this story they were all upgraded before we gave them to Poland so that would explain some better avionics.

http://www.airforcemag.com/DRArchive/Pages/2012/August%202012/August%2027%202012/PolishC-130DeliveriesCompleted.aspx

What I was referring to was this note at the end of the article describing the picture, but the picture was 1504.

"Photo: The Polish Air Force C-130E Hercules No. 1505 Aircraft sits on the flightline during Red Flag-Alaska on Joint Base Elemendorf-Richardson, Alaska, on June 13, 2012. The goal of Red Flag-Alaska is to provide each aircrew with vital first missions to increase their chances of survival in combat environments. (Photo by af.mil)"

I know that all the Polish aircraft were updated and 10935 did not go to Poland so why are the radio ID plates on this updated aircraft 10935?

Bob

I always found it interesting that there is a Red Flag-Alaska, especially during the summer months. To me Red Flag will always be at Nellis. Our 2 week TDY there was a great TDY. Jack Frost then Brim Frost should be the Alaska "Red Flag." During the January-March time frame, you get the "war scenario" during some of the coldest, harshest weather. TDY here in '76, out of the 32nd TAS at LRF for Jack Frost, and then flew in 3 Brim Frost with the 17th, '83-'85. After the '85 BF got the FE Iron Man award for flying the most sorties during the exercise. Some awards you just don't want! :( An award that got me a free beer at the squadron!!! :cool: