Reunion---how was it?

Mt.crewchief

I assume the reunion you guys were planning on attending a few weeks ago was a good one!!! Am I right?

Did any of you fine young gentlemen (you too Giz) happen to take your camera along? If so did any of you take any pictures that the rest of us would enjoy?

I am sure a lot (most) of us would like to see them---especially the ones that are here on the forum!

It would be like seeing some of you guys in "real life" !!!

Thanks,

Ken

I still think it would be cool to have a C-130 Hercules Forum reunion in the near future! I will go out on a limb and volunteer Chris(tinwhistle) as the host!!!!! :D

Yep, it was good, the attendance was done somewhat, but not the fun and camaraderie.......One of the real spark plugs of the reunions,Bob Craft, had passed away last April and there definitely was an empty space there. But, maybe it was just me, the whole group, wives and all, seemed a little bit closer than before. I have a couple picutres but can't get the damn things to load on the site, any ideas????????

Giz

Thanks Ken!!!!

I also would enjoy a get-together for the guys and gals on this here forum! Not sure what we'd call it though!?! If I were to put a little thought into this, I'd really have to work with Casey on some issues. One of those issues: Casey would HAVE to attend!!!!!!! Ya know, I'll kick it around a bit. One thing I do know for sure, right now; if Ken still can't travel we'll hold it in Billings MT. !!!!!!!

It was great time. Of course we did really miss Bob Craft.

Next year it will be in Pigeon Forge Tenn. Hope every one can make it.

Last week in September. Start planning now!

Bob

A high point of the event was the concert by the 316th pilot's Glee Club. A must see and hear if there ever was one. However, if I can enough of the old 36th Loadmaster Boy's Choir together, in TN next year, we shall give them a run for their money. Yepper, TAC had talent!!!!!!!!!!!!! Right, Bob, Mitch, Keith????

Giz

Thanks Ken!!!!

I also would enjoy a get-together for the guys and gals on this here forum! Not sure what we'd call it though!?! If I were to put a little thought into this, I'd really have to work with Casey on some issues. One of those issues: Casey would HAVE to attend!!!!!!! Ya know, I'll kick it around a bit. One thing I do know for sure, right now; if Ken still can't travel we'll hold it in Billings MT. !!!!!!!

Oops I think I may have stuck my foot in my mouth!!! Don't you think our Super 8 here in Sheep Dip (I mean Columbus) is big enough to handle all of the attendees??

Oops I think I may have stuck my foot in my mouth!!! Don't you think our Super 8 here in Sheep Dip (I mean Columbus) is big enough to handle all of the attendees??

At first I was thinking that very same thought, but changed my mind when I remembered that the Super 8 is only a few feet away from the Columbus/I-90 Truck Stop!!!!!!!!!! What better location for a Herky Lurker Convention than a parking lot full of cattle trucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just think of the memories that would bring back for all those old loadies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wadda ya think Ken, Casey, and all the rest of you crew chiefs???? Speaking for just myself, I'll furnish a broom for Giz ha,ha,ha,ha,ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At first I was thinking that very same thought, but changed my mind when I remembered that the Super 8 is only a few feet away from the Columbus/I-90 Truck Stop!!!!!!!!!! What better location for a Herky Lurker Convention than a parking lot full of cattle trucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just think of the memories that would bring back for all those old loadies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wadda ya think Ken, Casey, and all the rest of you crew chiefs???? Speaking for just myself, I'll furnish a broom for Giz ha,ha,ha,ha,ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ah, yes, you can always tell a crew chief, you just can't tell him much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a great time at the reunion. I walked in not knowing anyone except for this forum but walked out with a lot of old friends. I would recommend that the folks who were not able to make this reunion to make plans for next year at Pigeon Forge, Tennessee September 2014. Details will follow. Would sure look forward to seeing as many as possible.

On a serious note: I was not attached to that squadran, but I would indeed love to attend. Pidgeon Forge is not too bad a drive and it's wonderful country down there. I will be watching for updates and pencil in a trip to TN. in Sept. 2014.

You really hit it, Keith, when you said you walked out with a lot of old friends! This bunch here is a special, and I look forward to meeting more of you next year.

I don't think a walk-in would be kicked out, TW....As for Keith's comments, it seems to me like he came in with an attitude of 'Hi, guys, nice to meet ya." I kn ow my wife and I enjoyed his company, and to think he actually went slummin', and hung out with three old loadies. BTW, we had a dress code......... I hope Keith or Mitch has a picture of that!!!!!!!!!!! I have met a number of you guys off this site, and I think the time spent back and forth is what makes meetin' each other so great!!!!!!

Giz