C130J Look Ma No FE...

Surf70

David Clark & Bose headsets? Are the issued now? What ever happened to those gray plastic headsets? I hated them! I thought I died & went to heaven when I bought myself a David Clark headset when I went to commercial aviation.

BTW, I have 2 of them for sale.

Don R.

David Clark & Bose headsets? Are the issued now? What ever happened to those gray plastic headsets? I hated them! I thought I died & went to heaven when I bought myself a David Clark headset when I went to commercial aviation.

BTW, I have 2 of them for sale.

Don R.

Wow...you've been gone a long time now. We were issued Dave Clarks beginning in the late 80's or early 90's. Those grey things went by the wayside long ago. Not sure about the Bose though.

Probably been asked before but who does the -1 preflight or even if there is one done? If the zeros do it that must cut into their Base Ops time.

The Loads do the -1 but it's not as involved as the FE one on the legacy, no crew chief outside running flight controls. We do an interior/exterior and top of airplane and the flight deck. The flight deck is mostly switch setting and getting the computers turned on and set. The pilots will show and do most of the mission/data inputting into the computer and the AC will do an exterior walk around as well.