E / H Model Valve Housings

Nc97

I can actually recall this from memory because I've changed so many. 714325-7 is the current valve housing we use across the U.S. Air Force fleet of either C-130E or H. A -5 part numbered valve housing is identical except it is missing the beta indicating cam and switch. If you don't have MACAWS (idiot light cluster taking up half the engine indicator panel), you won't need it indicate beta.

Edit--Some H's lower than an H3 have Beta Indicator lights. The JGs and GSs and FIs don't state which aircraft are equipped and which aren't. Maybe that's why all valve housings have been modified to -7 standard, because the C-130 modifications are a mess to keep straight.

If I had not flown commercial Hercs, I'd have no idea what you guys are talking about. So, for all you old farts on this forum, here's an image of the newer engine instrument panel. This is from Frameair's Herc, PJ-TAC (msn 5225). The beta lights are by the torque indicators. If I remember correctly, they are green. Below them are the engine inlet anit-icing lights; blue, I think. There are also low oil pressure lights (red) and oil cooler augmentation valve lights (color?).

Don R.