Blueprints and Know how help.

63Rifle

Hey guys,

Im looking at creating a 3D object and want to use a variety of C-130s!! To make my workload light I was thinking of killing three birds with one stone.

Am I correct when I say that the AC-130U is roughly the same model as a C-130H and a C-130(T) or KC-130H.

Please let me know know so that way I don't build three different types.

I also need super detailed blueprints if anyone has them and if there is any info on C-130Hs out there at all. And I mean all of it. start up procedure. FLight manual etc...

I really appreciate the help and what you guys have going on here is great!

Best

Blueprints like you are thinking of don't exist. C-130 parts drawings do not show contour, for the most part. There are simple dimesional drawing in the maintenance books, but I doubt they would help you much. All C-130 models are the same as far as shape and dimensions, except for the stretch versions, and of course add-on like sensors

Tiny Clark thanks for the info.

Regarding dimension being the same how can I find out if cockpit instrumentation is the same. i.e. I understand some have a glass cockpit while others do not.

And, would the start up procedure be the same for all. Would some countries have different start up procedures.

Thanks again.

As far as instrumentation goes, pick a model year, or for that matter, individual airplanes. Rolling off the assembly line I'd say that basically they were 95% the same. 63 Es were the same, 70 E's were slightly different, etc. If you have access to a C-130B-1 just check out the instrument panel pictures. Same for the overhead panel. Then look at the HC's, A's, H's, J's, etc. There's no simple answer here.

As far as start-up procedures. I'm going to say that they are all the same. But my experience has been with the B, E, H (73 H's), and HC (H,P,N) models.

SEFE thanks for chiming in here.

Im specifically looking for anything I can here on H models because Im trying to determine how different a Canadian CC-130H and the tanker model would be different from a AC-130U specifically. Obviously I very aware of the side firing weapons and sensors etc but Im more concerned about if the fuselage is the same as well as the cockpit minus anything specific to aerial refueling and weapons systems such as the side mounted F-16 HUD in the AC-130U.

Best I can tell you about H's is that the 73 H's are nothing more than 72 E's with -15 engines. As for the HC's, the 64-65 models I flew were basically the same as the 64 E models. Some specific mission systems were added - fuselage fuel tank, fuel system mod, refueling pods on P's and N's, whiskers on H's and P's, avionics, etc.

None that I know of, Rifle. I've never been on an AC-130U, but did work on H models. Given Special Ops has more money for mods, it is hard to say what the U model has in the cockpit. I'd like to see one.

maybe you could get that opportunity if you join us at the reunion...... maybe

Go to some Microsoft flight simulator fan sites(there are more than you can shake a stick at, would start with the likes of AVSIM.com or FLIGHTSIM.com). The program they use(can't think of the name off the top of my head) to create models for flight sim takes standard 3 view drawings makes them look 3D so as the flight sim model can be made. There is one group called Captain Sim that has done some C-130's in pretty good detail

• 2 weeks later...