Community

tinwhistle

On occasion Casey will refer to this site and those who frequent it as "The C-130 Community". We all agree that the "Herk" is a life long love affair and we all, here, share that love of our Hercules, which leads me to an observation: the "people" on this site. I am very fortunate in that I am able to travel, and in the past two years I have traveled to Montana twice, for several days each trip and have become fast friends with MTcrewchief. I have also traveled in the opposite direction to "Western Maryland". The visits there have not been as lengthy, however, the time spent with "Giz" and his wife has been exceptional. These two, Ken and Paul, are real, honest, "stand up" individuals and I am fortunate to be able to call them "friend"! Lest I forget I must acknowledge a nice visit, to my home in Wisconsin, by Leland Sills. We had a wonderful visit, albeit short. I don't think I have ever met anyone that knows as much about all kinds of aircraft as Leland!! And you should see his "ride"!!!

Also, because of this site I have broken a long standing rule of mine: never apply stickers, bumper or otherwise, to my vehicle!!!

Soooo, to Casey and all the rest of our "Community" I say Thanks, and welcome home brother!!!!!

I have attached a couple pictures

I love that wood pile make home sick for Ky. We burn wood all my time at home.

I have about that much more on the back porch and even more over on the right in the picture that you can't see. reckon I have nearly seven cords all told. Had two big hickory trees blow down last spring, unbelievably, and and am splittin' those big brutes up. For you city folks, green hickory smells like a wet horse when you split it. also had a 80 foot white oak hit by lightning two years ago, killed it, and had taken down as well. Thing has 126 rings in the base. I got my wife a nice log splitter and she is slowly gettin' them split up.. LOL!!!!!!!

Hey Tinwhistle put a name to each pic. I don't know those "old guys" just the young "Bucks" we used to be, ha ha :) Bill

OLD?????????????? Naw!!!!!!!! I defer to a statement JMitch made at the first 316th reunion, and I think it is very true...." Nobody showed up but old guys!!!!!!!!!! But if you look into their eyes, the young guys are still there!!!!"""

My problem is that everyone my age has sure aged a lot but for some reason...to me, I look like I did 40 years ago. Could be just me...anyone else like that? ha ha Bill

Me. 63, but look and feel 83. Guess way too many bad women, marriages, bad booze, bad lifestyle, long night life. Change that, no bad booze.

You guys are to funny Talking about wood I have a Buck stove I brought with me from Ky in 1982 here in Macon get don't get really cold enough to fire it up real good as my house is not real big but use it when it get down in the low 20's. Talking about age will be 68 in Nov.but don't feel like it. as when my dad was my age he was a little slower.

Got to admit some days I feel older than others but never over 40... Hello guys. Giz, I'm glad Elissa is pullin her weight by using that log splitter she bought. I imagine it is hard for you just sittin on the porch watchin her. Chris, the window sticker looks good. Welcome home brother. Gerry, all the mirrors in my house are broken. None of them reflect my image properly

My problem is that everyone my age has sure aged a lot but for some reason...to me, I look like I did 40 years ago. Could be just me...anyone else like that? ha ha Bill

Bill, I know what you mean! Actually that picture Chris said was me, is just one he took of an old guy at the Upper Falls in Yellowstone! I still look just like I did in my avatar and I know you are the same as the guy sitting on the ramp of a Herk!!!

Ken

Got to admit some days I feel older than others but never over 40... Hello guys. Giz, I'm glad Elissa is pullin her weight by using that log splitter she bought. I imagine it is hard for you just sittin on the porch watchin her. Chris, the window sticker looks good. Welcome home brother. Gerry, all the mirrors in my house are broken. None of them reflect my image properly

Keith, she has really lost weight workin' on that wood pile!!!!!!!!!! She is down to nearly 200, already!!!!