JFK Assination

DC10FE

Fifty years ago today was a dark day for America and the world.

For you old farts, do you remember what you were doing when you heard the news? As for me, I was a young A/3C with 4 months under my belt at Langley AFB, VA. It must've been a weekend because I remember sitting in the dayroom watching TV when the news broke. The CQ was T/Sgt Clevenger, a crew chief on one of the B-models. I remember going over to him and telling him the news. I'll never forget the look on his face!

Don R.

I was in 6th grade. An administrator knocked on our room door and told our teacher what happened.

Our teacher went ballistic and said she did not like jokes being told like that.

The administrator said no, no, no it's the truth.

Our teacher started crying and tried to compose herself before telling us.

I was in 10th grade and my class was just gettin' back to our high school, from, of all things, a NASA show at a neighboring high school. The phys-ed teacher met the bus, got on and said, " Your president is dead!"" We first thought he meant our class president, because he had not gone with us, Friday, best I recall. My class was going to have a record hop that night, but cancelled it........IMHO,that date marks the beginning of the decline of the office of President. How our country would have turned out, we will never know..........

I was a Senior in High School. Someone came in and said the president had been shot. All the girls started crying. School was dismissed and we spent the next three or so days watching TV. I saw Jack Ruby shoot Lee Harvey Oswald! A truly sad time.

None of this seemed real, did it????

I was at the same base as Spectre623, wing walking 56468 to the wash rack when the man on brakes hollered out thet the President had been shot. A few minutes lated he said he had died.

We were told to secure the plane and go to the barricks. I am thinking this was on a Friday cause we didn't go back to work till Monday.

Now if only I could remember what I had for dinner yesterday!

Some of you guy's, maybe a lot of you know that I'm a bit of a philosopher (the red neck kind), dabble in a bit of politics, and like all of you I love this country, and the "Flag" brings tears of pride.

Can you imagine what this country would be like today had JFK fulfilled his eight years as President?!?!?

Not only would the "Office of President of the United States" been spared the obscene decline in stature, but our country would be whole, respected and admired.

Unfortunately.........................

tinwhistle