Montana's first C-130

154load

Whoa!!! what a beauty! Thanks for the picture and I hope you are able to post more in the future!

Now, since you haven't put any things in your profile, I will have to ask some questions. Where are you that you can take this picture or did you find it on the web? If you are currently in the AF are you coming to Montana?

If not, come to Montana, "Gods Country", to see it when it has a new home!!

Thanks for the picture,

Ken

Where are you that you can take this picture or did you find it on the web? If you are currently in the AF are you coming to Montana?

I am going to guess he/she is stationed at Little Rock. I think most of the planes going to MT and CT are former LR H-1s and they may be doing the tail flashes at LR prior to delivery.

Thanks for the response. I'm a load here in the Arkansas ANG. Our maintainers seem to have been tasked to prep the Hercs that are being delivered to both Connecticut and Montana. These airplanes are coming from the AD here at Little Rock and are old Dyess 74 models. We've also been tasked to fly them up to Connecticut but not Montana. Montana has a current and qualified crew consisting of mostly folks who have transferred from Reno and Peoria who are flying the Montana planes. The Connecticut crews are here in training. I'll be in Connecticut most of January flying with them and getting them up to speed. Should be a good time. Connecticut is a GREAT unit.

Whoa!!! what a beauty! Thanks for the picture and I hope you are able to post more in the future!

Now, since you haven't put any things in your profile, I will have to ask some questions. Where are you that you can take this picture or did you find it on the web? If you are currently in the AF are you coming to Montana?

If not, come to Montana, "Gods Country", to see it when it has a new home!!

Thanks for the picture,

Ken

Hey Ken

When you get all the details on this new MT bird, let me know and we'll take a drive and check it out!!!!!!

Back in 2001 they were busting up the runways at Malmstrom. The only air traffic is the helo's. I believe the

C-130 Unit will still be at the International Airport. I remember reading about the F-15 leaving and the ANG building new ramp space.

Airnav.com only show 2 helo pads!

http://www.airnav.com/airport/KGFA

Google Maps and Bing Maps show what appears to be ramp and runways, these might be old.

The last line on Airnav.com in the "additional remarks" shows "OTHER AREAS OF OLD AFLD LITTERED WITH OBST AND ACT NOT AUTHORIZED FOR LDG OR DEP."

73, Rex

Edited by herkfixer
add text

Isn't the MT ANG at Great Falls Airport, are they moving to Malmstrom?

Bob

Whoops, Now it makes sense, my friends grandson is stationed at Malmstrom and he said all they had were helicopters! I guess the ANG birds will be going to the Great Falls Airport! Bob, you and herfixer & waggonman have just straightened me out!! It's one of those MANY "I didn't know that" things for me!! Seems to be more and more of them these days!!!

Thanks guys for stopping me from making any more mistakes(at least on that subject) !!

Ken

• 4 weeks later...