The Ballonist

Sonny

A man in a hot air balloon realized he was lost.

He reduced altitude and spotted a man below.

He descended a bit more and shouted,

"Excuse me, can you help me? I promised a friend I would meet him half an hour ago, but I don't know where I am."

The man below replied,

"You are in a hot air balloon hovering approximately 30 feet above the ground. You are between 40 and 42 degrees north latitude and between 58 and 60 degrees west longitude."

"You must be an engineer," said the balloonist.

"I am," replied the man, "but how did you know?"

"Well," answered the balloonist, "everything you told me is technically correct, but I have no idea what to make of your information, and the fact is I am still lost."

The man below responded, "You must be a manager."

"I am," replied the balloonist, "how did you know?"

"Well," said the man,

"you don't know where you are or where you are going. You made a promise which you have no idea how to keep, and you expect me to solve your problem. The fact is you are exactly in the same position you were in before we met, but now, somehow, it's my fault."

That's funny Sonny and I suspect is the source of the joke I sent out to my e-mail contacts the other day, with exceptions. The one on the ground was a Republican and the one in the balloon was a Democrat; however, I can see an argument for swapping those designations around as well!

Sonny,

Thanks for asking, normally it nice and warm down here; however, we are bracing for a cold snap. Yesterday they closed the schools for Tuesday and Wednesday on the forcast of 1 to 3 inches of snow and freezing rain. I can see where the county would not want the responsibility of getting the kids home in that.

Sparks,

Well I can't say it was fun but at least I got one of those very rare snow days in Florida. We got about 1/4 to 1/2 inch of ice, froze the doors of the cars and put a nice sheet of ice on the bridges. The biggest problem encountered were the idiots that refuse to adapt their driving habits for the conditions; however, based on the amount of fender benders, sometimes problems take care of themselves!

Ron