Models, Prefixes and suffixes

bobdaley

Just a couple thoughts Bob.

By suffix you have the H listed as basic, which is true, but the was a Rescue H as well (HC-H).

You have JHC-130Ps listed. The P's at Hickam we just HC-Ps. There was no test/recovery equipment on them. So unless there are JCH-Ps used elsewhere...

All in all, a good, comprehensive list.

Hi George

Thanks for the reply.

I put the HC-130H under C-130H because the chart I got from Lockheed showed it as a variant of the H.

There was only 1 JHC-130P It was 4143 65-0988. It was called a JHC-130P in 1966 when it was at Wright Patt for tests in 1966.

Bob

Interesting. Considering that the HC-H/P/Ns came out way before the H that they'd called the HC-H a varient when it would seem that the H was the varient.

But that's Lockgreed.

I was trying to help with a list of herk models and prefixes and suffixes(I think those are the right words)

anyhow here is the list I came up with.

any corrections?

thanks

Bob

Bob,

We started with 13 AC-130U and we picked up 4 more H2 from Louisville I believe that brings the total to 17. Not sure if that was the point of your list or not so forgive me if I missed something.

Ron

Ron

Thanks, I forgot those 4, I changed my list.

George

I could not agree more between Lockgreed and Robins, God only knows.

My favorite right now according to Robins there is still one C-130E flying with the USAF. 64-14859??

It started life as an HC-130H, Then It became an EC-130H, then a C-130H and finally a C-130E.

Robins' reason was it was more like an E model than an H model even though it still has -15 Engines.

It is now used for tests and pilot pros by AFMC at Waco.

Bob

I did not list 4412 the HTTB separately because even though it was a highly modified aircraft Lockheed never changed its designation from L-100-20 382E. I also heard it called the C-130X but it never was a C-130. It's FAA registration though was N130X.

I listed the AMPs as C-130H because that is what USAF calls them. the -AMP was unofficial.

Thanks for the input.

Bob

Ron

Thanks, I forgot those 4, I changed my list.

George

I could not agree more between Lockgreed and Robins, God only knows.

My favorite right now according to Robins there is still one C-130E flying with the USAF. 64-14859??

It started life as an HC-130H, Then It became an EC-130H, then a C-130H and finally a C-130E.

Robins' reason was it was more like an E model than an H model even though it still has -15 Engines.

It is now used for tests and pilot pros by AFMC at Waco.

Bob

Kind of funny about 859. Yes more E than H, but guess they forgot about the 73 series. E models with -15s and called H's. It was like they took 72 models, slapped on some -15s and called them H models.