Alexander the Great

snowyday

According to a researcher Alexander the Great came up with a crude timepiece for his many soldiers, consisting of a chemically treated cloth worn on the left forearm. Under the heat of the sun, the cloth changed colors every hour, providing the Macedonian warriors with the world’s first wrist watch. The device was known as Alexander’s Rag TimeBand.â€

The Cumberland News of Cumberland, Maryland, November 6, 1963

According to a researcher Alexander the Great came up with a crude timepiece for his many soldiers, consisting of a chemically treated cloth worn on the left forearm. Under the heat of the sun, the cloth changed colors every hour, providing the Macedonian warriors with the world’s first wrist watch. The device was known as Alexander’s Rag TimeBand.”

The Cumberland News of Cumberland, Maryland, November 6, 1963

Since this is my home newspaper, such as it is, I would believe this was a HEADLINE!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, not much happening these days in rugged rural Western Maryland. Is it true western Marylanders still read their electric meters? :D

Frankly, I think Maryland would be a better place if the capital was in Cumberland.

No we just spray paint them black now......... I'd like it better if we were a separate state,,,,,,, the eastern part only thinks of us as a revenue source, anyway.

I'd like it better if we were a separate state,,,,,,, the eastern part only thinks of us as a revenue source, anyway.

Giz, it's not us eastern Marylanders, it's the crooked politicians that think of all of us as revenue. I wrote to Prince Georges County and asked them when some of our services would be reinstated since some of the crooks were now in jail there must be more money in the coffers. So far I haven't gotten an answer.

You have a point, to some degree, Sonnie, but when you mention you are from Western Maryland, the flatlanders down there say " oh, you're from FREDERICK!!!!!!!!" and look at the way they gerrymandered our congressional district to include areas of the state that have nothing in common with us in regards to income, race, education, job opportunities, transportation, or culture, just so they could cancel out what conservative votes we had. Good old OWE-Malley and his cronies can be thanked for that. The state put three prisons up here, one really a Super-Max which was promised never to be here, and, immediately afterward came the crime, the drugs, and increased welfare.......Ain't the same as when Larry and TW were truckin' through here, that's for sure. now they barkin' down in Annapolis about coal generation surcharges and rescinding the coal credit tax, and some ridiculous paper production "black liquor" standard that will, if passed, kill two of the last major industries left here.......We must SECEDE to SUCCEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!