Herk information

tinwhistle

I've been following the thread concerning the "screenplay", finding it very interesting, but another thought came to mind a bit ago. The amount of aircraft knowledge, especially the C-130!, is stunning!!!!!! The number of years of experience here on this forum is equally impressive!!!!!!

My personal experience here on the C-130 site is, that, I didn't know that I knew as much as I did about the Herk!!!!!. I didn't know it at the time but NCO's such as Sgt. Ragland, Sgt. Middleton, and Sgt. Geyer did a superior job of "on the job training" for this silly farm kid !!!!! They're no longer here, but if they were I owe them a hearty Thank You!!!!!!!

I've been following the thread concerning the "screenplay", finding it very interesting, but another thought came to mind a bit ago. The amount of aircraft knowledge, especially the C-130!, is stunning!!!!!! The number of years of experience here on this forum is equally impressive!!!!!!

My personal experience here on the C-130 site is, that, I didn't know that I knew as much as I did about the Herk!!!!!. I didn't know it at the time but NCO's such as Sgt. Ragland, Sgt. Middleton, and Sgt. Geyer did a superior job of "on the job training" for this silly farm kid !!!!! They're no longer here, but if they were I owe them a hearty Thank You!!!!!!!

Just a thought... I noted you said "They're no longer here" but the way I look at it "they" are and you will and I will always be here if we do not Keep what has been given but pass it on to the next generation....

• 7 months later...

T.W. I have had similar feelings with the people that I trained and flew with and wished I had kept in touch just to say thanks and how are you doing. They like us were and are the building blocks of today that we can share the experiences of our training to the younger gen. to keep a wonderful historic airplane flying.

Steve