New to AMARG

bobdaley

In January, the first AC-130H to AMARG 69-6570 arrived and another MC-130P 69-5823 arrived.

Also interesting the only USAF C-130H in AMARG 74-2062 left. To where I don't know?

Three Herks left: 63-7778 and 68-10934 went to beer cans in Tucson and the last A in AMARG 56-0494 left, probably to beer cans?

Bob

I don't know why, but it makes me kinda sad to see tail numbers I flew on (63-7778) going to beer cans. The first airplane I flew in when I joined the AF was 63-7880 - really made me feel old when it went to AMARG a few years ago. (Is it still there, Bob?)

My Dad flew on Martin B-26 Marauders in the SW Pacific (22nd BG - they had the original short wing models), anyway, he often told me how he felt sad when he found out they scrapped all of them in Australia in 1944 -- now, I understand what he meant.

Jim Houston

• 11 months later...

160628 last I heard was going to Chile, but I don't think they signed the papers yet.

Right now it is in PDM at Hill.

Bob

Bob, first of all let me apologize for taking your time. Twelve days ago I read in "El Mercurio" from Chile that they had bought two C-130 from the US. Would any of these two be the 160628? Do you know anything related to this C-130 sale?

Thank you in advance.

There are 67 B's and 71 E's flying world wide.

That said USAF has no B's and only 2 sort of E's flying.

By sort of I mean 62-1863 which started life as a C-130E is now an HC-130P at Moody and 64-14859 which started life as an HC-130H is now called an E and it is flying at Waco TX.

I think the E's went to the Bone Yard so the USAF would have an excuse to buy J's, just like the 141's went to the Bone Yard so they could buy C-17's. Now they want to send A-10's to the Bone Yard so they can buy F-35's.

Bob

• 3 weeks later...

That should leave 3 HC-130P's at Moody 64-14852, 65-0982, 0986.

0982 is next to AMARG.

In the back of the picture in the article Andy posted appears to be wingless 65-0994, which was supposed to be on display at Moody.

Bob

There appears to be another wingless bird directly behind the "Iron Horse"...you can see an empty aft nacelle and horz stab tip under the RH armpit area...

Senior

• 4 weeks later...

Bob,

I left Yokota in 2012 and am now stationed at Moody AFB. It has been some time since I got on here, good to be back!

Gary

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Is 69-5820 still tooling around down there ?

I remember her from her short lived days up a Pease AFB in the 54th ARRS before going over to the 67th.

Just wondering if she's still amongst us.

Frank

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Is 69-5820 still tooling around down there ?

I remember her from her short lived days up a Pease AFB in the 54th ARRS before going over to the 67th.

Just wondering if she's still amongst us.

Frank

69-5820 c/n [cn]4367[/cn] went to AMARG on 21 Jan 2015.

--Casey

69-5820 c/n [cn]4367[/cn] went to AMARG on 21 Jan 2015.

--Casey

======================================================

Argh,

she was a long time "friend"..

I remember how beautiful she was wearing the initial gloss grey and yellow rescue scheme waaay back when she was with the 54th ARRS.

I guess after 45 years she deserves a rest..

Money well spent..

Frank

• 3 weeks later...

160628 (4776)is one and the other, unconfirmed, is 160014 (4626).

I know that the aircraft are going through complete overhauls at Hill AFB and 160628 is almost complete.

Maybe someone at Hill can confirm this.

Bob

A very good looking bird just arrived, a C-130H was just spotted in Chile with tail number 990 that didn't exist before in the Chilean Air Force (FACh).
Does anyone at Hill can advised if this is the 160628 (4776)? Or any other info regarding the other bird being overhaul at Hill AFB?
Thank you

New to AMARG in April AC-130H 69-6573 on the 8th leaving only 69-6569 of the AC-H's without a home.
Also KC-130F's 148891 on the 10th and 148893 on the 7th Leaving only one F 148897 and 3 R's flying with the VX squadrons.
They are to be replaced by T's from VMGR-234 as it gets J's
Bob