New to AMARG

bobdaley

If memory serves, back in the 70s HC-130Ns 5820, 5823, and 5826 were assigned to the 67th ARRS, RAF Woodbridge, along with HC-130Hs 976? (plus one other, 970 I think?) and 2 HC-130Ps (HC H-models converted to AR-birds, 220, plus one other that I can't recall) The N's were awesome, all shiny an new. Had the roller bar for paratroop retrieval. The Ns and Hs were gloss grey color, with the yellow chicken stripes around the aft end fuselage and wings, but the P models sported SE Asia camo. Spent a lot of time @ 50N 30W orbiting for fighters heading back and forth on Reforger.

Does anyone know what the new designation is? It used to be a USMC KC-130R. Is it a C-130H now?
Don R.

​The Chilean government officially stated they purchase two C-130H, so I believe that should be the new designation.

I know PDM takes about 150 days and the bird came from AMARG. Would the changeof  the designation add the extra 150 days at Hill AFB or something else was done?

Edited by LAGOW

• 5 months later...

Looks like a lot of F-16s and S3s -- don't see C-130s except waaaaay in the back!

There were quite a few Herks there last October, mostly from Little Rock. One road goes right by them but I was on the wrong side of the bus to get a decent shot up close. The only way to get in there is on a tour bus. They are being used mostly for parts according to what we were told.