C-130 Hercules impact fy15 budget proposal

Scramble

I looked the list over and here is what I see for C-130's

7 EC-130H's cut from DM.

THE Active Duty C-130 Associate program is cut.

537 AS at the Dorf is already gone.

30 AS at Cheyenne will close and Cheyenne ANG will lose 4 H's.

52 AS at Peterson will close and Peterson AFRC will lose 4 H's.

2 AS at Pope will close.

345 AS at Keesler will close

815 AS AFRC at Keesler will close its 10 J's which were first supposed to go to Dobbins, then Pope are probably going to LRF?

95 AS AFRC at Pope will close and lose 10 H models.

New AFRC Group 913th and squadron maybe 345AS to open at Little Rock and get 10 J's

Baltimore ANG to get back 8 J's.

There was a note on the chart the AF put out that a C-130 Active Associate unit in Delaware is closing. I did not know there was one.

Bob

There was a note on the chart the AF put out that a C-130 Active Associate unit in Delaware is closing. I did not know there was one.

It had been planned and never executed. As far as I know, there were never even people assigned to it. The ninth aircraft to support such an endeavor isn't coming. The way it was explained is that the TFI units will only be with the J-model units. I found that little note interesting.

I heard a while back from some folks at LRF that the flying squadron under the 913 AW will be the 327 AS, just like at Willow Grove. I assume that they are currently an Associate unit with the 50 AS and will take their airplanes when they deactivate. Under this proposal, they'd then swap for Js. Does this sound correct?

Bob,

Does this mean that my former 913th AW that was BRAC'ed at Willow Grove in late 2007 will be AFRC re-activated at Little Rock and the flying squadron that we supported at CCK the 345th will be the also AFRC reactivated at the "Rock" also??

Sincerely

EFLTatCCK Vince Acquaviva

...I assume that they are currently an Associate unit with the 50 AS and will take their airplanes when they deactivate. Under this proposal, they'd then swap for Js. Does this sound correct?

That is as correct as anyone can be. AFRC at LRF is still assisting with the FTU, but not to the degree that it used to. In fact, the AFRC guys are supposed to take control over the 50AS's current building. I can see that the transition to the J will be just like when AFRC stood up here at couple of years ago and opened the doors to just-seperated or about-to-be seperated AD guys. Only time will tell what the final verdict will be.